Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Rice just took Cam over Steve Young

50 posts in this topic

Posted

My 7 year old son asked me how old Cam Newton was a few days ago. A day later he asked was Cam married like my wife and I. Yesterday he asked was Cam number 1 just to be sure. My son has never been this interested in the Panthers even with the D.Will, Stewart and T.Davis jerseys he has. He has been to multiple games and fan fests since he was born but still, I have not seen him this excited about watching the Panthers. Cam has the ability to draw in the younger generations with his style of awesome play that will change the non-chalant attitudes of Panther fans to the over zealous fan fanatics like the Steelers, Packers, Eagles, and Giants. Cam just needs to stay hungry which I think he will.

Posted

... Damn.

Posted

I love cam but let's win a superbowl first before we start picking cam over hall of famers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't know that I'd take him over Steve Young just yet. But that's with knowing how good Steve Young was over the course of his career. Cam's in year two, and doing great by most measures...but still.

Posted

Typical Panther fans. Living off of hype and not results.

Posted

Jerry Rice: obvious Panther fan.

2 people like this

Posted

Must be strange to see as a fan of a team that's never had hype before.

Posted

My 7 year old son asked me how old Cam Newton was a few days ago. A day later he asked was Cam married like my wife and I. Yesterday he asked was Cam number 1 just to be sure. My son has never been this interested in the Panthers even with the D.Will, Stewart and T.Davis jerseys he has. He has been to multiple games and fan fests since he was born but still, I have not seen him this excited about watching the Panthers. Cam has the ability to draw in the younger generations with his style of awesome play that will change the non-chalant attitudes of Panther fans to the over zealous fan fanatics like the Steelers, Packers, Eagles, and Giants. Cam just needs to stay hungry which I think he will.

Yeah, it's hard to deny that Cam just has that 'it' factor that captivates the audience and draws people towards him... and it's even harder to believe that one man can contain so much swag.

As much as I love Jake and Smith (both probably tied as my all-time favorite panther[...so far])... I can honestly say they never came off quite as strong as Cam does. There's just something about the dude. We all know he'll be great... the question is, just how great?

I'm with Jerry. Ten years or so from now Cam will be considered the MJ of football.

Posted

Can Jerry Rice be arrested for that statement?

Posted

Must be strange to see as a fan of a team that's never had hype before.

Oh I wouldn't say that. In fact I'd say he's exhibiting a classic case of projection.

Posted

I love cam but let's win a superbowl first before we start picking cam over hall of famers.

tell that to jerry.

Posted

Lol what's he smoking