Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dash Global

Gettis?

I was incredibly excited about Gettis last offseason. Now I fear he might not fit with this team. He hasn't had the time to click with Cam. I like the mojo that our WR's have going right now. Theres no telling how he'll be after this injury which has taken him a LONG time to recover from. And maybe most importantly the coaching staff has no ties to him. Lafell has emerged as a real #2. Murphy has been solid. I don't know if I want to disrupt that.

I don't doubt that he has enormous potential, I still remember that ankle-breaker he laid on the 49ers for his first TD (I think it was his first anyways)... but damn, I don't think he should just come in at week 6 and take over someone's position like was being suggested just because of 'potential'. Lafell is ballin right now and Murphy has looked sharp the times he has been targeted. I'm sure Gettis will have more than enough time to prove himself when/if he bounces back from his injury.

Gettis, if 100%, will have no problem earning the 3rd receiver spot. Guy has talent.

He was put on pup because of his hamstring so when he does come off pup he will be 100%. We will have to cut someone to allow him back though.

Gotta keep all potential potential around as long as Smith is on the border health wise. The reality is that we have probably already seen Smith's best years. I would rather know we have his replacement in place and not have to spend another high draft pick.

Here we go again. Gettis hype train going like he's the second coming of Fitzgerald or Megatron.

How about we let him ya know..see the field first? Gotta kinda be there to play.

I like him as much as anyone else but man you guys make my head spin sometimes.

Guest Bwood

I was a huge Gettis fan, but it's almost like he's not even on the team anymore.

If he doesn't get on the field this season I could care less who takes his spot.

David gettis potential is through the roof IMO if he's healthy murphy is #4.

That is a fact. Dude, can be twice what LaFell is and that's saying something. He can really be a straight up beast. I just hope when he comes back he is 100% and has no lingering effects. I agree with the staff in not rushing him back. There's no reason for that.

Even when Gettis gets back, he'll have to earn his spot through Murphy, and that looks to be an uphill battle.

*goes back to read the thread since he didn't prior to this post*

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LoveMyPanthersandMyBoys