Photo
- - - - -

People happy about us facing a depleted Giants team.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#76 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

OP is acting like this is a guaranteed win. THEY ARE THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS. If that front four is playing and Eli Manning is playing they could beat us by 24. Not to mention this isn't Tom Coughlin's first rodeo. We win this game an I'm ecstatic.

#77 FalconDoucheBag

FalconDoucheBag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

When you have team such as the Panther's you have to rely on the other team either being injured or the refs.

#78 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

When you have team such as the Panther's you have to rely on the other team either being injured or the refs.

Like a QB coming off a neck injury?

#79 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

A wins a win no matter how you get it. With that said the Giants are not going to roll over and die because they are banged up.

#80 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

The fug is wrong with you?

If you want us to be respected, beating a maligned Giants team at home, primetime or not, is not the way to do it. Sack up. I wish they were healthy so we could legitimately claim to have shat on them when we win.

no one cares week 15, that the win we had week 3 was against the Giants without a couple injured players..
shoot, no one will care week 4

#81 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

We're generally the ones with the injuries. Not about being happy; it's just the way it is. Is it an advantage for us not to have to cover Cruz AND Nicks? Yep. Because we don't have the secondary to do it.

More important that Cam gets his first victory against an elite QB and coach. That's what matters to me.

#82 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,668 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Disagree

Winning game builds morale, builds confidence no matter who it is. We've been depleted many times

#83 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Who is 100% as the season progresses? Injuries are part of the game. Right now we have guys like Davis and Stewart and Bell who are gamerime decisions. Even if they play they likely wont be 100%. Plus some coaches are more cautious than others about playing guys who are nicked up.
The reality is that they are going to suit up the best guys they can find and so are we. Who theey are is up to them. If we win it is great no matter what. The only people blaming injuries if we win are butt hurt Giants fans and you. I can live with that.

Good post here. Part of being a good team is having quality depth. Anyone including Panther Fans who use injury as an excuse for wins or loses is a moron. If a team can't overcome injury it isn't good enough to begin with. Sometimes an injury report pregame like the one we see with the Giants can hurt more than it helps. The last thing we need is a Panther team that thinks they will have a cake walk because some guys with reputations are out. There might be some guy waiting in the wings looking to build a reputation. I have seen this Panther team make marginal players look like probowlers too many times

#84 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

More important that Cam gets his first victory against an elite QB and coach. That's what matters to me.

Manning doesn't line up on the defensive side of the ball. Its Cam aginst the Giants D and Manning against the Panther D. The media's portrayal of QB vs QB is pure hype and one of the dumbest in the history of sports.

#85 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

The fug is wrong with you?

If you want us to be respected, beating a maligned Giants team at home, primetime or not, is not the way to do it. Sack up. I wish they were healthy so we could legitimately claim to have shat on them when we win.

Should we be upset that they're not at full strength? No, we shouldn't be. The game will be played regardless of how many players are injuried on either team, this is just in our favor. When it's all said and done, I hope it's 1 for the win column...

#86 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Dumb thread is dumb.

I guess I'm old school but I believe in the uniforms that are worn not those who wear them.

If that's a bit too vague let me reiterate, I believe in football. I love the Panthers. I'm not necessarily a players fan but a team fan. Name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back.

Whoever shows up in Charlotte wearing an opposing color needs to be beaten no matter who is wearing it.

Just Win Damnit.

#87 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Who cares about respect? What we need are wins, like enough to get into the playoffs.

All you can play are the games you are presented with. Win them and then worry about stuff like respect in the offseason.

Gotta agree with this. After all we've had our share of injuries.

#88 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,876 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Like a QB coming off a neck injury?

or a starting defensive end knocking a ref around but not getting ejected and suspended

#89 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,514 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

OH YOU SHUT UP TOUGH GUY.
I'd take a win any way, anyhow.

And whoever said its a guaranteed win for us?

#90 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Just win baby (rip al davis). Thats all that matters. I believe when and if we put together a string of wins, watch out nfl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.