Photo
- - - - -

People happy about us facing a depleted Giants team.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 Panther4Ever

Panther4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Probably one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen started on here.

#92 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,850 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Its as if people don't realize this is a personal test of honor reminiscent of the duels to the death of yesteryear which involve the unsullied honor of millions of spectators who quite literally have nothing to do with the outcome.

#93 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,850 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Edit* double

#94 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

this situation probably puts more pressure on us Not To Lose.

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,859 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't really care that much what people outside the fanbase think of us.

With that said, I'm never one to be happy about another team's player being injured. I'd rather beat a team at full strength than beat a depleted team.

If we're the best, then we're the best, and we don't need other teams hurt to prove it.

#96 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

this situation probably puts more pressure on us Not To Lose.

too true.

i'm not happy about the losses in personnel because this puts even more pressure to win. if we somehow don't pull it off, how would that look.

if we win, we are simply doing what we should have done regardless of who they have on the field. if we lose, though, then we've lost to a team that is much less than 100%, but as long as we put up a fight i wouldn't be too upset because this is essentially the same team with the same personnel we are facing that beat the patriots in the superbowl last year.

still, this puts extra pressure to come out with a win. there's no skirting around that. i think it's easier for us to do that but that eli is a dangerous QB.

#97 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

How about we win the game first!! If that happens and some Giants fans want to whine on the internet about their injuries, I couldn't give a crap. Injuries are part of the game, Panthers aren't exactly in the best shape either, Stewart might be out, Bell is banged up; heck even Smitty has a bad knee. All I've heard is "Eli, Eli, Eli" "he's captain comeback, the best QB in the league". If Panthers win, which is not assured, I'll take the win and be thrilled at a 2-1 start.

#98 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Just wondering what these people will say if we lose to a "depleted"Giants team...

#99 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just wondering what these people will say if we lose to a "depleted"Giants team...

Which is why we should bench Cam, Smitty, Lafell, Deangelo, and Stewart. We would win the battle of Internet excuses and if we won, our Internet boasting would be legit.

#100 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Im sure all the other teams felt this way last year when they were tearing through our depleted defense.

#101 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

They have the same number of players that we do. That is all that matters.

Now when doing an analysis of how our team performed (if we perform well), it might be important to consider Giants injuries. But as far as being happy or sad about their injuries, I will take the win and won't give a crap about their injuries.

#102 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

The funny thing about this is that Bradshaw and Diehl suck. Their replacements are probably a little bit better than they are.

What was the point of this thread again?

#103 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Who cares about respect? What we need are wins, like enough to get into the playoffs.

All you can play are the games you are presented with. Win them and then worry about stuff like respect in the offseason.

Thank you! No offense OP, but your premise sucks. This is the NFL, you take wins however you can get them.....

#104 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Really?? Didn't a team up in Wisconsin win the SuperBowl a couple of years ago with like 15 players on IR?

Injuries are a part of the game, and the best teams win regardless. And to be honest, Diehl and Bradshaw aren't that big a deals. Nicks being out hurts, but I wouldn't count out their passing game as long as "Brother Eli" is out there. The only injuries NY can't absorb is at QB and on their DL. That's the heart and soul of both sides of the ball for them. As it is for most teams.

To put it in perspective, I'd still like our chances if Lafell, Bell and DLo couldn't play tonight. I can't compare Nicks to 89... He just ain't that guy.

#105 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

we do not control their injuries.all we can do is line up and play.if we win we will gain tons of confidence moving forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.