Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers looking to upgrade B.o.A with escalators and new video board.

22 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.digtriad....Stadium-Updates

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The Carolina Panthers are working on plans to upgrade Bank of America Stadium, probably including new video boards and escalators.

Team president Danny Morrison would not say whether the NFL team will ask for public support for the renovations.

Some city officials have indicated they would support using taxpayer dollars to upgrade the 16-year-old stadium.

City Councilman James Mitchell says the city has helped the Charlotte Bobcats NBA team and is helping the Charlotte Knights minor league baseball team.

Mayor Anthony Foxx sent a letter to Panthers owner Jerry Richardson on Tuesday inviting him to discuss stadium renovation plans with the city council.

Morrison has not said how much the renovations might cost. But he says he's happy the mayor is asking about the plans.

Your guys thoughts on seeking tax dollars to upgrade the stadium?

2 people like this

Posted

If they are helping the Bobcats and the Baseball team, then they probably should be willing to help the Panthers as well. Need to be consistent.

1 person likes this

Posted

Escalators would make a big difference, not only for older people, but for speed reasons too. As of now it takes forever to walk up the ramps.

Posted

Sounds to me like the tax dollars are seeking them! Politicians playing with our tax dollars? Surely you jest!

Posted

Bout time. Those ramps are a serious hike

Posted

It sounds like the upgrades are pretty minor yet cost as much as the stadium did in 1995.

Posted

I have no problems with escalators as long as they ramp them up to run at a decent speed. Otherwise walking is faster. I surely don't want to wait in line for 5 minutes to use the escalator after waiting in line to get in for 30 minutes.

Posted

Escalators would make a big difference, not only for older people, but for speed reasons too. As of now it takes forever to walk up the ramps.

If people used them properly yes, but instead of walking with the escalator, you'll have lazy fat fugs just stand there and slow everything down.

Posted

I bet they are kicking themselves about having to already replace the outdated video boards.

Posted

be better if the city/gov't spent that money on hiring teachers or something important but whatever...

Posted

I bet they are kicking themselves about having to already replace the outdated video boards.

just like they will in 3 years when the ones they replace them with become outdated.

Posted

3D video boards aren't a fad!!