Photo
- - - - -

Panthers looking to upgrade B.o.A with escalators and new video board.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Panthersfan704

Panthersfan704

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

http://www.digtriad....Stadium-Updates

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The Carolina Panthers are working on plans to upgrade Bank of America Stadium, probably including new video boards and escalators.
Team president Danny Morrison would not say whether the NFL team will ask for public support for the renovations.
Some city officials have indicated they would support using taxpayer dollars to upgrade the 16-year-old stadium.
City Councilman James Mitchell says the city has helped the Charlotte Bobcats NBA team and is helping the Charlotte Knights minor league baseball team.
Mayor Anthony Foxx sent a letter to Panthers owner Jerry Richardson on Tuesday inviting him to discuss stadium renovation plans with the city council.
Morrison has not said how much the renovations might cost. But he says he's happy the mayor is asking about the plans.

Your guys thoughts on seeking tax dollars to upgrade the stadium?

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,409 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

If they are helping the Bobcats and the Baseball team, then they probably should be willing to help the Panthers as well. Need to be consistent.

#3 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Escalators would make a big difference, not only for older people, but for speed reasons too. As of now it takes forever to walk up the ramps.

#4 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Sounds to me like the tax dollars are seeking them! Politicians playing with our tax dollars? Surely you jest!

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Bout time. Those ramps are a serious hike

#6 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

It sounds like the upgrades are pretty minor yet cost as much as the stadium did in 1995.

#7 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I have no problems with escalators as long as they ramp them up to run at a decent speed. Otherwise walking is faster. I surely don't want to wait in line for 5 minutes to use the escalator after waiting in line to get in for 30 minutes.

#8 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Escalators would make a big difference, not only for older people, but for speed reasons too. As of now it takes forever to walk up the ramps.

If people used them properly yes, but instead of walking with the escalator, you'll have lazy fat fugs just stand there and slow everything down.

#9 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I bet they are kicking themselves about having to already replace the outdated video boards.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

be better if the city/gov't spent that money on hiring teachers or something important but whatever...

#11 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I bet they are kicking themselves about having to already replace the outdated video boards.

just like they will in 3 years when the ones they replace them with become outdated.

#12 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

3D video boards aren't a fad!!

#13 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,883 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Good thing the stadium isnt in Minnesota.

#14 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

If people used them properly yes, but instead of walking with the escalator, you'll have lazy fat fugs just stand there and slow everything down.

Haha, they need "Walk on the left, stand on the right" signs. If people try that standing on the left poo in DC Metro they get run the fug over.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

they should make a life-size video screen of the whole field...better yet in 3d just to make it seem like you are right there at the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.