Photo
- - - - -

Camera Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 BigRedForBlue

BigRedForBlue

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quoting the camera policy a the panthers website:

------------------------
Camera Policy

Small still cameras are permitted in the stadium. Video cameras are not permitted per NFL rules. Tripods or any other similar equipment that could be a tripping hazard are also not allowed.
----------------------------

Does this imply that I can't take my SLR (with a inter-changable lenses)? Should I just bring my point-and-shoot?

BR4B

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

I think that the intention is to not have people with tons of high powered lenses and camera bags running around the stands. As long as you don't have some foot long lens poking out the front of the camera I doubt it will be an issue.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

and my "still camera" does shoot video as well as do most cameras these days but they never get stopped.....

#4 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Quoting the camera policy a the panthers website:

------------------------
Camera Policy

Small still cameras are permitted in the stadium. Video cameras are not permitted per NFL rules. Tripods or any other similar equipment that could be a tripping hazard are also not allowed.
----------------------------

Does this imply that I can't take my SLR (with a inter-changable lenses)? Should I just bring my point-and-shoot?

BR4B

I have brought in my SLR a few times, only once the guy said I shouldn't use my 70-300mm lens, so I said sure since it was in the bottom of my bag. I would recommend only bringing 1 lens for your camera, of course attached. I now just leave the 70-300 attached and pointing down into the bag, they will check to make sure nothing unusual in the bottom of your bag and let you go. At least that has been my luck. Don't bring a huge bag either they may not let that in either. Good luck, and post some shots. I haven't brought mine yet to a home game, but plan on it this week.

#5 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

I suppose if you want to take random pics of you and your family or whatever, it might not hurt to throw in the point and shoot. Or give it to someone else to carry in, using a 70-300 or something similar would be hard to compose a good shot of people in the stands sitting next to you.

#6 Fooball

Fooball

Wanna play Fooball?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

Check this out...Kodak (I know, I know) has come out with the z1015 that has a 15 x optical zoom (28mm-420mm) 10 megapix in a small body for under $300. I spotted one on line for $235. Google "kodak z1015" and read the reviews.....

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thats a 3 inch LCD screen.....

Link to article

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Good luck with that at a night game.

#8 Fooball

Fooball

Wanna play Fooball?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Good luck with that at a night game.

Well, good luck with any camera a fan is allowed to bring in for a night game. How many per year?

I just thought for the money you would have a leg up on the standard 3x and 5x optical zoom cameras, and still get by security.

By the way, Zod..... How much did you pay for your camera? :D

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

i carry around about 9 grand on the field

#10 Fooball

Fooball

Wanna play Fooball?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

:yesnod:

Like another poster said....I'd love to have your job.

Edited by Fooball, 12 December 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#11 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

ME TOO!

Where'd you go to school Zod?

#12 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

i carry around about 9 grams on the field

fixed

#13 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

ZOD, what brand of gear do you shoot? Do you work for NFL films then, I see those people out there with the Red vests on, I assume you are one of them.

#14 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Thats a 3 inch LCD screen.....

must suck the life outta the batts pretty quick. luckily the cam has a viewfinder although most people these days can't deal with anything other than looking at the LCD for composing pics. Ah but who cares I guess....with photoshop and such you can crop any "entire scene" pic down to something that looks great.

#15 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

I normally take my DSLR in with an extra 300mm lense. I've only been stopped one time about the 300mm lense... the guy told me it was "too big". But he let me in anyway, and told me to just keep it in the bag. mmm hmmmmm

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com