Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fundament Question: When is an embryo afflicted with original sin?

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Surely you are not that philosophically lazy.

you are the one that said NO sin, that's a pretty good loophole to have in your backpocket, philosophically speaking. Who is lazy?

fiz nailed it in regards to original sin and even though it's not in the bible people believe it anyway.

so ala carte philosophy rules

I know I know. Moral code. Personal ethics. Mantra. Rock and roll... :cool:

Posted · Report post

you are the one that said NO sin, that's a pretty good loophole to have in your backpocket, philosophically speaking. Who is lazy?

fiz nailed it in regards to original sin and even though it's not in the bible people believe it anyway.

so ala carte philosophy rules

I know I know. Moral code. Personal ethics. Mantra. Rock and roll... :cool:

I feel sorry for those who need an invisible man with an angry wrath forcing them to do whats right. Personally, I have no need for it. But hey, to each their own. ;)

Posted · Report post

GodSniperFamilyGuy.jpg

Posted · Report post

since when has that stopped anyone from believing something

As the bible was added to and subtracted from for hundreds of years after originally written, how do you know it was not in there to begin with?

Posted · Report post

As the bible was added to and subtracted from for hundreds of years after originally written, how do you know it was not in there to begin with?

the dice is yours to roll

And the angry invisible man is your perspective. I get why many may have that but I see and exp quite the opposite.

But, I don't force anyone to change or see things my way. I will offer my perspective and how it has impacted my or others lives.

I think you would be surprised how we see the world alot more of the same than not seeing it the same.

We all have that path we need to find then walk and hopefully choose wisely along the way.

Posted · Report post

If I was going to roll the dice I would choose hindu. By far the most kick butt gods.

Posted · Report post

If I was going to roll the dice I would choose hindu. By far the most kick butt gods.

uh, sure

Posted · Report post

I feel sorry for those who need an invisible man with an angry wrath forcing them to do whats right. Personally, I have no need for it. But hey, to each their own. ;)

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. (Albert Einstein)

:cool:

Posted · Report post

the dice is yours to roll

And the angry invisible man is your perspective. I get why many may have that but I see and exp quite the opposite.

But, I don't force anyone to change or see things my way. I will offer my perspective and how it has impacted my or others lives.

I think you would be surprised how we see the world alot more of the same than not seeing it the same.

We all have that path we need to find then walk and hopefully choose wisely along the way.

Check out the OT, he seemed pretty damn angry to me when he was telling Moses to wipe out entire races and bash children heads in.

Posted · Report post

By 1st church do you mean 1st Century?

Original sin is more of a catholic tradition/teaching. I should say the Catholic church is more apt to believe this than other denominations.

It is simply not found in the bible.

:iagree:

Thus It dose not happen. ;)

/end thread.

Posted · Report post

Check out the OT, he seemed pretty damn angry to me when he was telling Moses to wipe out entire races and bash children heads in.

Moses wasn't told to do that.

Epi has posted that passage a couple of times about Saul. It was about the Amelikites. Tough passage for sure.

Which is why there is a New Testament.

Do you know why there is a NT as opposed to just ending the OT with Malachai?

Posted · Report post

Because someone finally decided to wring a few bucks more out of the old book by writing a sequel? The 1st century George Lucas, if you will.