Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fundament Question: When is an embryo afflicted with original sin?

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Moses wasn't told to do that.

Epi has posted that passage a couple of times about Saul. It was about the Amelikites. Tough passage for sure.

Which is why there is a New Testament.

Do you know why there is a NT as opposed to just ending the OT with Malachai?

Yes he did! God told Moses. read Deuteronomy.

Posted

Yes he did! God told Moses. read Deuteronomy.

I think you might be referring to Numb 25:4?

Where God ordered Moses to kill the leaders due to thier sleeping with Midianite women.

Posted

Because someone finally decided to wring a few bucks more out of the old book by writing a sequel? The 1st century George Lucas, if you will.

No talk shows at the time though to hawk part2.

So why was the NT written?

Posted

I think you might be referring to Numb 25:4?

Where God ordered Moses to kill the leaders due to thier sleeping with Midianite women.

No, I said what I was referring to, read Deuteronomy. It is all throughout Deuteronomy. Are you like all the other Christians I know? they claim the Bible is the inerrant inspired word of God but they rarely crack open the damn thing.

This is just one of the MANY twisted verses in Deuteronomy.

20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

I've never read a book more barbaric and sexist then the Bible. Funny thing is I never noticed it much when I was a Christian, what i did notice never bothered me much because I was always reading the Bible just to find how it applies to my life and how it can help me. All the polygamy, murder, hate, sexism, slavery, rape and other vile stuff was over looked. I think i was taking crazy pills.

Posted

But you can't have the NT without the OT.

Prophecy fulfilled.

And lest we not forget the god of the OT still required a blood sacrifice of his only begotten SON (or was it just Him manifest....yeah, other thread) for cryin' out loud.

Still pretty harsh.

Just forgive the sin. You are God. Does He feel He has something to prove? To his creations? Cripes. Just write a message in the sky.

"I'm God. I'm all powerful. You can do what you want because I love you but I'll hold you accountable so play nice. Love, God."

The end.

Instead we had to have another killing in His name.

And a Book written and re-written and edited to the whims of the moment and the politics of the times.

Great.

So it brings me personally back to the total rejection of Theism and a slightly open dialogue with Deism.

I'd choose Buddhism.

Posted

I'm torn between Bud-ism and Miller-ism.

Posted

But you can't have the NT without the OT.

Prophecy fulfilled.

And lest we not forget the god of the OT still required a blood sacrifice of his only begotten SON (or was it just Him manifest....yeah, other thread) for cryin' out loud.

Still pretty harsh.

Just forgive the sin. You are God. Does He feel He has something to prove? To his creations? Cripes. Just write a message in the sky.

"I'm God. I'm all powerful. You can do what you want because I love you but I'll hold you accountable so play nice. Love, God."

The end.

Instead we had to have another killing in His name.

And a Book written and re-written and edited to the whims of the moment and the politics of the times.

Great.

So it brings me personally back to the total rejection of Theism and a slightly open dialogue with Deism.

I'd choose Buddhism.

I'm still figuring out what to call myself, i could see it changing the more I learn and experiance life. Right now i call myself agnostic but there are days when my thoughts put me closer to a deist.

Posted

^^Nectar of the Gods, if you will.

^@Cat- I'm a de facto Atheist. I can't rule out the existence of a creator, but the possibility of that creator resembling anything sold by the major world religions is nil, IMO.

Posted

Original sin is something created by the Catholic church. Does NOT exist.

It's many of the reasons why people get thier babies baptized. Babys have NOT sinned. Don't know what sin is.

Not until a kid/young teen do they reach an age of accountability.

Original sin is a gigantic fallacy.

the doctrine of total depravity would suggest quite differently.

also i have yet to hear a proper argument for the ambiguous "age of accountability."

Posted

^^Nectar of the Gods, if you will.

^@Cat- I'm a de facto Atheist. I can't rule out the existence of a creator, but the possibility of that creator resembling anything sold by the major world religions is nil, IMO.

That actually sounds a lot like me. I do not see any evidence for a personal god.

I use the term god very loosely. the universe had a beginning and it came from something, whatever that something is i might call that god.

Posted

thanks, I've read a little bit of what Einsteins thinks about god. But i'll give this a read too since i haven't come across it.

He has 2 quotes that are some of my favs

What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of "humility." This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism. (Albert Einstein)

and

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. (Albert Einstein)