Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fundament Question: When is an embryo afflicted with original sin?

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No, I would say a baby cannot sin. But Paul says all have sinned right?

Baby must have been born with it then.

Did Jesus convert babies? During the day of Pentecost were children baptized?

Did Jesus tell his apostles to be like old folks or like children?

When Paul said all have sinned he is talking about those who know and understand what they have done.

A baby simply has no concept of that. It is kinda hard to repent of something with no concept of what is going on.

Being born into a SINFUL fallen world is one thing. Being born WITH sin is so nonsensical I can't believe the smartest of the smart in the huddle has fallen for that.

It's simply a tradition passed down. Nothing more.

Augustine started this in like 7 AD or so. He liked putting his own stamp on christianity.

I'm nearly speechless on this thread. WOW

Posted · Report post

When Paul said all have sinned he is talking about those who know and understand what they have done.

Which is your own personal loose interpretation of an extremely vague passage, one of hundreds in the bible on very important points. Its a very reasonable interpretation, sure, but that should hardly be necessary when your soul is at stake.

Posted · Report post

Which is your own personal loose interpretation of an extremely vague passage, one of hundreds in the bible on very important points. Its a very reasonable interpretation, sure, but that should hardly be necessary when your soul is at stake.

When Paul was talking to the audience for this passage, what were the babies respones? :P

Something to consider also. Big difference between interpretation and APPLICATION.

Many many passages can be applied to a myriad of listeners, times etc.

Interpretation is extracting what you SUPPOSE the message is saying/trying to say.

There are many vague passages as you mentioned. Perhaps it's just enough gray to get you and I to talk about as well as take a step of faith.

If everything was spelled out, be kinda hard to actually get out on faith.

I think this one passage though is clear. His audience in Romans is more for guys like you and myself. Gentiles who don't have that much religious baggage(i can only speak for me, a hardend drug dealing, skirt chasing cromagnon man pagan) and tons of learned behavior or traditions.

He is relaying the point of equality in terms of no degree of sin that put Jesus on the cross and that all of us who know what he is talking about has messed up in this area.

Posted · Report post

When Paul was talking to the audience for this passage, what were the babies respones? :P

I think this one passage though is clear. His audience in Romans is more for guys like you and myself. Gentiles who don't have that much religious baggage(i can only speak for me, a hardend drug dealing, skirt chasing cromagnon man pagan) and tons of learned behavior or traditions.

He is relaying the point of equality in terms of no degree of sin that put Jesus on the cross and that all of us who know what he is talking about has messed up in this area.

Again, your own personal interpretation. There are many others out there that differ greatly, but just as valid, no more or less than yours.

Original sin is believed by more christians than not, so I would assume there is good reason for it.

Posted · Report post

Again, your own personal interpretation. There are many others out there that differ greatly, but just as valid, no more or less than yours.

Original sin is believed by more christians than not, so I would assume there is good reason for it.

I couldn't find the passage but I remember it vaguely, At some point after David sleeps with Bathsheba she becomes pregnant. Nathan the prophet comes to him to tell him the baby will not live. David cries and fasts hoping that God will let him have the child. Well the baby dies and David seems happy to his servants and they call him out. His response is that he is comforted in knowing that his child is safe with God.

So while born in "original sin" the child was forgiven, for the fact that it could not apply it's own decision on the choice of faith.

Posted · Report post

Fixed

which church was it?

considering there was sacrifices for sin dating to thousands of years before the 1st CHRISTIAN church, i would be interested in knowing.....

Posted · Report post

the bible is very clear-

we are born into a world of sin, slave to the flesh...

there is AN AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY

That age was marked by Eve when she took the fruit, and it marked by each person when they understand right and wrong.

no INFANT has that ability.

Posted · Report post

the bible is very clear-

we are born into a world of sin, slave to the flesh...

there is AN AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY

That age was marked by Eve when she took the fruit, and it marked by each person when they understand right and wrong.

no INFANT has that ability.

Do you believe the Genesis actually happened? do u take it literally?

Posted · Report post

LOL, I don't know why AkPanther fan ventures in here. He gets destroyed the vast majority of the time and ends up embarassing himself.

Posted · Report post

Do you believe the Genesis actually happened? do u take it literally?

If you are going to argue the difference in known Science compared to the creation of the Earth then stop.

If one believes in God, the creater of all the earth, and a God powerful enough to understand more than man will ever know then why would i question his ability against my own knowledge.

Or even the knowledge of modern science which for all purpose is only a blink in the eye compared to the age of the Earth.

Man does not have the capacity to understand the ability of God, this is why it is so hard for many of you to believe.

Thats why it is called FAITH.

To each his own, you do your thing and I will stick with I know what works.

I know God is real, I found out first hand how real he is in the most unsuspecting times, thats why I have faith.

Just make sure when your time comes you recognize it.

Posted · Report post

LOL, I don't know why AkPanther fan ventures in here. He gets destroyed the vast majority of the time and ends up embarassing himself.

there is nothing for me to be ashamed of in my beliefs.

Sometimes whats right is not always popular or the easy thing to do. Its easy to judge folks for believing in Christ, hell even Christ was mocked, so this is just a skip in the bucket compared to what he had to deal with ..

Insults are cheap, actions are louder than words. I will let my life speak for itself when I die.

Dont worry bout me, I have my life under control :D

Posted · Report post

Dont worry bout me, I have my life under control :D

No one has their life under control. We have very little control over anything in life.