Photo
- - - - -

Fundament Question: When is an embryo afflicted with original sin?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

since when has that stopped anyone from believing something

As the bible was added to and subtracted from for hundreds of years after originally written, how do you know it was not in there to begin with?

#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,166 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

As the bible was added to and subtracted from for hundreds of years after originally written, how do you know it was not in there to begin with?

the dice is yours to roll

And the angry invisible man is your perspective. I get why many may have that but I see and exp quite the opposite.
But, I don't force anyone to change or see things my way. I will offer my perspective and how it has impacted my or others lives.
I think you would be surprised how we see the world alot more of the same than not seeing it the same.

We all have that path we need to find then walk and hopefully choose wisely along the way.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

If I was going to roll the dice I would choose hindu. By far the most kick butt gods.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,166 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

If I was going to roll the dice I would choose hindu. By far the most kick butt gods.

uh, sure

#20 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

I feel sorry for those who need an invisible man with an angry wrath forcing them to do whats right. Personally, I have no need for it. But hey, to each their own. ;)

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. (Albert Einstein)

:cool:

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

the dice is yours to roll

And the angry invisible man is your perspective. I get why many may have that but I see and exp quite the opposite.
But, I don't force anyone to change or see things my way. I will offer my perspective and how it has impacted my or others lives.
I think you would be surprised how we see the world alot more of the same than not seeing it the same.

We all have that path we need to find then walk and hopefully choose wisely along the way.

Check out the OT, he seemed pretty damn angry to me when he was telling Moses to wipe out entire races and bash children heads in.

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,529 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

By 1st church do you mean 1st Century?
Original sin is more of a catholic tradition/teaching. I should say the Catholic church is more apt to believe this than other denominations.

It is simply not found in the bible.

:iagree:

Thus It dose not happen. ;)

/end thread.

#23 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,166 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Check out the OT, he seemed pretty damn angry to me when he was telling Moses to wipe out entire races and bash children heads in.

Moses wasn't told to do that.
Epi has posted that passage a couple of times about Saul. It was about the Amelikites. Tough passage for sure.
Which is why there is a New Testament.
Do you know why there is a NT as opposed to just ending the OT with Malachai?

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,087 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Because someone finally decided to wring a few bucks more out of the old book by writing a sequel? The 1st century George Lucas, if you will.

#25 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

Moses wasn't told to do that.
Epi has posted that passage a couple of times about Saul. It was about the Amelikites. Tough passage for sure.
Which is why there is a New Testament.
Do you know why there is a NT as opposed to just ending the OT with Malachai?

Yes he did! God told Moses. read Deuteronomy.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,166 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

Yes he did! God told Moses. read Deuteronomy.

I think you might be referring to Numb 25:4?
Where God ordered Moses to kill the leaders due to thier sleeping with Midianite women.

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,166 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Because someone finally decided to wring a few bucks more out of the old book by writing a sequel? The 1st century George Lucas, if you will.

No talk shows at the time though to hawk part2.

So why was the NT written?

#28 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

I think you might be referring to Numb 25:4?
Where God ordered Moses to kill the leaders due to thier sleeping with Midianite women.

No, I said what I was referring to, read Deuteronomy. It is all throughout Deuteronomy. Are you like all the other Christians I know? they claim the Bible is the inerrant inspired word of God but they rarely crack open the damn thing.

This is just one of the MANY twisted verses in Deuteronomy.

20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

I've never read a book more barbaric and sexist then the Bible. Funny thing is I never noticed it much when I was a Christian, what i did notice never bothered me much because I was always reading the Bible just to find how it applies to my life and how it can help me. All the polygamy, murder, hate, sexism, slavery, rape and other vile stuff was over looked. I think i was taking crazy pills.

Edited by Cat, 21 May 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#29 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

But you can't have the NT without the OT.

Prophecy fulfilled.

And lest we not forget the god of the OT still required a blood sacrifice of his only begotten SON (or was it just Him manifest....yeah, other thread) for cryin' out loud.

Still pretty harsh.
Just forgive the sin. You are God. Does He feel He has something to prove? To his creations? Cripes. Just write a message in the sky.
"I'm God. I'm all powerful. You can do what you want because I love you but I'll hold you accountable so play nice. Love, God."

The end.

Instead we had to have another killing in His name.
And a Book written and re-written and edited to the whims of the moment and the politics of the times.
Great.

So it brings me personally back to the total rejection of Theism and a slightly open dialogue with Deism.

I'd choose Buddhism.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,087 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

I'm torn between Bud-ism and Miller-ism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com