33 replies to this topic

#16 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Seasons still in the first qtr. They'll click. Just wait.

Oh yeah I have seen so much, esp. last night, to make me believe its ok

#17 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,657 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

TBH we looked like a completely unprepared team out there tonight.

It seems to happen a lot to this team. Regardless of who our coach is. No excuse for it.

Not sure what they are going to do differently next week that they couldn't have done tonight.

This.

The biggest indication of a much larger issue somewhere in the bowels of BOA stadium is the fact this team can go out and put on a complete, almost perfect performance against the New Orleans Saints and a few days later look like Thursday was their first preseason game.

Good teams are consistently good with the occasional egg-laying here and there. Bad teams are usually bad all the time but can sometimes put together a stand-up effort. The Carolina Panthers are neither. They have no consistency, they have no identity and presented with the opportunity to excel, they will more than likely not even show up.

They are an enigma, plain and simple. And it'll be another several years before they get the national TV stage again, thankfully.

My preseason prediction of 8-8 looks to be in jeopardy and I'm quickly starting to believe the rank and file who seem to think there's a reason Ron Rivera was interviewed a gazillion times and never landed a head coaching gig.

#18 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

13 games left but the season is officially over

-the huddle

Falcons lose this week and then if we beat them the whole dynamic of the season changes, but that may be looking to far in the future for most of the over reacting crazies here. Anyone who says that can't happen is just ignorant (and no not in the southpark michael jackson voice).

#19 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Not happening. Can you imagine matt Ryan picking on Josh norman? We stand no chance on that alone.

13 games left but the season is officially over

-the huddle

Falcons lose this week and then if we beat them the whole dynamic of the season changes, but that may be looking to far in the future for most of the over reacting crazies here. Anyone who says that can't happen is just ignorant (and no not in the southpark michael jackson voice).

#20 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Last night's game wasn't just a loss; I can live with a loss. And if this team lost but played a good game, they could still have confidence in their scheme and game planning. But what I saw last night was an embarrassment and humiliation for the whole world to see on NFL Network. All three phases of the game were miserable failures. Those kinds of losses set teams back , they don't propel teams forward with any positive take-aways for the next game.

It's one thing to lose, but another to look like you didn't prepare or compete.

#21 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Last night's game wasn't just a loss; I can live with a loss. And if this team lost but played a good game, they could still have confidence in their scheme and game planning. But what I saw last night was an embarrassment and humiliation for the whole world to see on NFL Network. All three phases of the game were miserable failures. Those kinds of losses set teams back , they don't propel teams forward with any positive take-aways for the next game.

It's one thing to lose, but another to look like you didn't prepare or compete.

I can't disagree with you on this argument. That performance last night was completely terrible it kind of reminded me that game the Patriots played the Dolphins last year and the Dolphins got killed on that Monday night broadcast. If anything this should spell trouble for us because if we dig ourselves a deeper hole it will be impossible to get out.

#22 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Posted Image

#23 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

We will probably scrap up enough wins at the end of the season to "appease" fans

#24 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Write it down, we're beating Atlanta. And Seattle, because I'm going to that game and will get down there on the field and start busting heads if we don't.

I hope you're right (not just because I have tix to the Seahawks game too), but I think we're going to get raped by ATL, based on what I've seen from them versus what we've done so far.

#25 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

"It's OK. We're a young team. Be patient."

I've heard that a lot in the last five years.

#26 Tank

Tank

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

At the beginning of the year 2-2 for the first 4 games was the expecation/hope by most of showing progress. That is still possible with a win over ATL. Getting man-handled by the defending SB champs is never fun but there is alot of football left so throwing in the towel now is not necessary. Respond with a W over ATL and all will be well as this loss will be long gone.

#27 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

There is alot of small changes we need to make...that'll be a start

-Alexander needs to be a starter. Dunno how Applewhite got the start...but that's bs. Also, Keiser needs more playing time.

-Kuechly needs more playing time in obvious passing situations even though he's struggling as well...T.Davis, more playing time in general

-Pilares needs to handle KR/PR duties and needs more playing time.

-Way more aggressive D, even if it bites us in the ass later.

And I'm sure there are way more things we can do like making AE inactive and bringing up Fua to give us more bodies at DT. We gotta do better though

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Dnt Kidd yourself bro .
Either face the truth or go google up and figure out what type of mental disorder you have. Quit denying the facts

#29 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

we're most def not okay...anger wins aren't consistent with us. just look at this week alone. we need to stop moving the panties to the side!

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

We're a much better team then we showed last night... but I'm not sure I'm ready to say we're "ok".

So far, the only win we have was over a Saints team in free fall.

I'd honestly like to see us get away from some of this cute stuff we're trying on offense and play a little "Foxball".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com