24 replies to this topic

#16 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

How to beat the Panthers: Dominate the lines.

To be fair here if you totally dominate the OLine and DLine against any team you will probably win. The whole game stems from the trenches.

#17 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

To be fair here if you totally dominate the OLine and DLine against any team you will probably win. The whole game stems from the trenches.

Well the Bucs and Giants both did a damn fine job of it.

#18 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Even Kalil got beat a few times, Hangartner missed assignments, Gross was getting abused, Williams was also getting raped. The line was terrible AGAIN.

#19 YoMoney

YoMoney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

I can agree with this.

At least our long snapper didn't get hurt and we looked like OAK week 1.

#20 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

One problem I saw with the defense is that we were giving their receivers a 10-yard cushion on almost every passing play. I don't remember us trying to jam their guys at the line even once. When all you do is play zone like that, it's easy for the opponent's receivers to just find the holes in the zone.

#21 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Im not sure these grades are fair, is there anything lower than F?

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Panther's- F for ******* Failure.

#23 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

worst grades eva...sometimes you godda quit playing it safe and let it hang out.. the slow death on defence is killing me...

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Regarding Cam, I agree the oline didn't play well. But that doesn't excuse the way our QB played. I could understand if the int's and tipped passes came as Cam was getting hit. But Cam made his biggest mistakes when he did get some time to throw. The woefully underthrown pass followed by the interception at the end of the first half were all on Cam. Plenty of qb's go thru games in which they get hit a lot, but the good ones shake it off and make some plays when they do get good protection. Cam didn't do that last night.

Fwiw, Eli Manning struggled and was inconsistent his first 2-3 years. It took him a while to learn how to be a great QB. Hopefully Cam will learn from his mistakes and eventually the Qb most of us think he can be.

#25 CarolinaKittens

CarolinaKittens

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

I might give the offense a D just because I think we did move the ball OK against a defense that is built to protect leads and knew Cam had to come out slinging for us to have a chance. The above poster is right in that some of Cam's bad decisions weren't when he was under pressure, but he was under pressure so often (because the D-line was just pinning their ears back) that it definitely shook him a bit. That's something that will hopefully get better with experience, but even Tom Brady isn't himself when he plays the giants. Also, I blame Chud for not giving Cam a hand and throwing in some more screen passes/quick drops rather than sticking to slower read-option poo the whole game.

Had the defense not been a complete and utter catastrophe, I actually think our offense would have done pretty well against the Giants.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com