#31 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Perhaps he was still in disbelief over what Steve Smith unleashed on him.

#32 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I see a player that's more concerned with how the loss affects him individually, not the team.

#33 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Did he have a towel on his head?

If you mean during the presser, no, but it would have been an improvement if he had worn one.

#34 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Call me, when Cam can get his team to .500.

9 days isn't that long to wait till being back at .500

#35 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

If we are losing a game by a couple scores, I don't feel like we have a chance to comeback and win the game, because Cam gets too down on himself, and the whole teams goes as our Quarterback goes. Cam needs to show that he can let an interception roll off his back and move on to the next play.. right now, I feel like he lets it stew and boil, to the point where he doesn't make the proper reads and forces balls to un-open receivers. He essentially self-destructs.

#36 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

I dont care how he acts in the press conference, I want to know what hes doing to improve as a Football Player. Period, the rest of the poo does not matter.

#37 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I dont care how he acts in the press conference, I want to know what hes doing to improve as a Football Player. Period, the rest of the poo does not matter.

They go hand in hand. As someone else said here or on a similar thread, QB's by definition have to be leaders, and based on what we see in that presser, and on the sidelines, you can rightly assume (especially since it has been published more than once), that he is doing the same thing in the locker room. All of that translates onto the field. If the team captains have talked to him about it, it's a problem for the team. They have talked to him about his pouting...more than once, as recently as last night (SS).

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

If we are losing a game by a couple scores, I don't feel like we have a chance to comeback and win the game, because Cam gets too down on himself, and the whole teams goes as our Quarterback goes. Cam needs to show that he can let an interception roll off his back and move on to the next play.. right now, I feel like he lets it stew and boil, to the point where he doesn't make the proper reads and forces balls to un-open receivers. He essentially self-destructs.

Well he forces the ball to unopened WRs bc he believes he has no other option......and really late in those games he doesn't.

Punting or throwing it away on 3rd down aren't options.

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Lol attack Matt Ryan all you'd like, the fact is:

-Yes he won in college. A LOT.
-He does not act like a baby after a loss.
-At least he can get to the playoffs, Cam just shuts down in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

There's a reason why Matt Ryan is leading the league in TD passes and QBR, and Cam Newton is top 3 in interception lol.
Call me, when Cam can get his team to .500.

He's just not that good!

Zod, please bann these BIT(HE'S NOW!

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

You'd think he'd be used to losing by now?

Zod, I'm losing my patient with this bit(h here!

#41 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Well he forces the ball to unopened WRs bc he believes he has no other option......and really late in those games he doesn't.

Punting or throwing it away on 3rd down aren't options.

I can see your point in the 4th quarter. I am more-so talking about in the beginning or middle of the game, with plenty of time left in the game. If we get down by a couple scores, it seems like Cam kind of lets it snowball. Does anyone else feel that way? I know last week against the saints, we gave up an early touchdown but were able to get a quick TD of our own. But, if we fail to get that quick TD, it's all downhill from there.

#42 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Zod, I'm losing my patient with this bit(h here!

How about you act like a big boy and just ignore it then.

#43 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Cam could improve a great deal by being more consistent with his throwing motion and footwork. Our QB coach needs to keep working with him on staying mentally focused on having the proper throwing motion and footwork on all plays in the pocket. Even if the pocket is breaking down, if he's going to throw the ball in bounds, then proper technique must be used. If he doesn't want to use proper technique in order to avoid stepping into a pass rusher and getting injured, then he can throw the ball out of bounds with whatever technique he chooses.

Cam is acting like a narcissistic a$$hole on the sidelines. He should not be sulking on the bench alone with a towel on his head partly covering his face. It demonstates a selfish attitude, he doesn't want to deal with anyone while he's experiencing the negative feelings that come with playing poorly and losing. Too bad. That's a basic part of playing a team sport and caring about your teammates. Cam should be talking with his teammates/coaches, and actually paying attention to the game. No one wants to watch a team with low level talent barely execute mediocre plays, but you do it anyway. You do it because you care about your teammates, and you want to help raise their spirits during a tough time. Imagine you're one of our terrible rookie players, and you get your a$$ handed to you on the field, and you come to the sideline and Cam comes up to you, pats you on the shoulder and says "hey keep working hard and stay focused, I'm with you 100%". That means something. So does looking over on the bench and seeing Cam Newton alone and looking like he's about to cry. At that point you're not a team, he's Cam Newton, and you're Joe retard Adams, or whoever.

#44 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,497 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

So we're upset that he's really upset we embarrassed ourselves on national TV? <_<

#45 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

How would you act after getting your ass handed to you in a loss? A loss where you played terrible, you're defense played terrible, and you had no chance to win. This was on a National Stage, and we were a disgrace. I'd have acted the same way in the press conference, and I might not even have done one. All the kid knows is winning... until he got in the league. It doesnt happen overnight. How many years did Rodgers sit before he was relevant? 4-5? He needs time.. and coaching.

I would really like to see his mechanics start to improve. Throwing off his back foot is pissing me off, especially when he does not have to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com