Posted Image

#107 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Reaching....

So you want Cam talking to McD while McD is calling our D? That seems productive. To our horrible ST coach? About what? Have you seen Rivera talking to anyone? He is a statue.

Chud is who Cam should be talking too.....Chud should be aiding and talking about what is going and what they need to do......but he isolates himself from Cam. Dumb with a rookie.

I'm nearly certain that pretty much every OC sits up stairs and calls plays....other than that moron Jeff Davidson.

That is the exact reason for having a QB coach. He is an extension of the OC.

#108 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm nearly certain that pretty much every OC sits up stairs and calls plays....other than that moron Jeff Davidson.

That is the exact reason for having a QB coach. He is an extension of the OC.

Every O play caller isn't upstairs

Davidson didn't even do it both years

#109 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm sorry, no. Leadership comes when things are at their worst.

Where is that quote from?

#110 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm actually a little worried. Smith is like a bomb-sniffing dog. I can't think of anyone that Smitty has chewed out in the past that didn't wash out.

Smitty chews out everybody; opponents, teammates,opposing coaches, his coaches, opposing fans, his fans, your mom, my mom, his mom... It's just how he is.

Namely I'm remembering him calling out Keary Colbert. But also Greg Hardy, Kris Jenkins, Josh Norman and Ken Lucas. Bad company to be listed in.

I'll give you Colbert, Lucas and maybe Hardy. (Still holding on to hope.) But, Jenkins was a perennial Pro-Bowler for us and after he left. He is one thing we still haven't replaced. Norman is a 5th round rookie who has been thrown to the wolves against Eli, Brees and, what seems to be, a much improved Josh Freeman. Not to mention, two of the tallest receivers in the league, VJax and Ramses B. Let's cut the guy a little slack before we declare him a bust.

Now let's check out some other guys that Smitty has chewed out over the years...

Julius Peppers
The man will probably be in Canton.

John Fox
Say what you will, the man knows how to coach. (See 2011 Steelers playoff game.)

Mike McCoy (OC in Denver since 2009)
Is on his way to having led three different QBs to the playoffs/pro bowl. (See 2011 Steelers playoff game.)

Deangelo Williams
Franchise Leader in virtually all rushing categories.

Brandon LaFell
Is well on his way to becoming a very productive #2 wideout.

Am I blowing off the alleged incident? No. Cam needs someone to get in his face and obviously the coaches aren't doing it.

But, does that mean that, because Smith bitched him out and took a shot at him in the press conference, he will be a bust? Fug no!

Cam still has all the talent/potential in the world. He just needs to get over this immature bullshit and become the type of leader that a QB should be. And as for benching Cam for Clausen (maybe a quarter not a game.) might not be such a bad idea. You can say a lot of things about Jimmy, but at least he could lose with class.

#111 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Reaching....

So you want Cam talking to McD while McD is calling our D? That seems productive. To our horrible ST coach? About what? Have you seen Rivera talking to anyone? He is a statue.

Chud is who Cam should be talking too.....Chud should be aiding and talking about what is going and what they need to do......but he isolates himself from Cam. Dumb with a rookie.

I gave you pie for trying misconstrue the intent of my msg.

If Newton saw things, had an issue, needed help, there stands Ron.

Or, guess what, go stand with your peers and see what they see.

There is a phone that goes up to the OC and the QB coach who ignored was there.

No excuses for bad behavior. The leash needs to be shortened and quickly..

#112 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Rivera is just coachspeaking. Better than the alternative.

#113 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

I gave you pie for trying misconstrue the intent of my msg.

If Newton saw things, had an issue, needed help, there stands Ron.

Or, guess what, go stand with your peers and see what they see.

There is a phone that goes up to the OC and the QB coach who ignored was there.

No excuses for bad behavior. The leash needs to be shortened and quickly..

Nothing suggests Ron is there to aid him in that scenario....he is a defensive coach. Letting Chud do whatever.

I agree, he should be on the phone after every series with Chud. There is no contact. That is coaching. That is on Chud. Cam has faults.....but he should at this stage. No excuse for some of Chud's. Starts at the top....Can't put it all on Cam.....everyone from the coaches to fans seem to.

#114 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Why didn't the cameras pick this up? Oh, we can catch Cutler shoving a no name tackle, yet we can't catch Smitty going off on SuperCam? I wouldn't have mind seeing this, but in all honest, Smitty should be yelling at the coaching staff.

#115 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Why didn't the cameras pick this up? Oh, we can catch Cutler shoving a no name tackle, yet we can't catch Smitty going off on SuperCam? I wouldn't have mind seeing this, but in all honest, Smitty should be yelling at the coaching staff.

Because the Cutler incident happened on the field.

#116 YoMoney

YoMoney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Rivera reminds me of a young Vince Lombardi.

#117 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I was there, I heard it.

He wasn't chewing cam out. Yes, he was cursing. They all curse.

He was being Smith. "Lets get out there and kick their asses" kind of thing. It wasn't personal with Cam.

Dumb thread.

#118 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm not a football guru, so speaking of audibles, is this the reason Cam just does the count and that's it, while Manning spends the entire time under center on every play pointing and barking orders? That alone impresses the hell out of me for some reason.

It impresses me when Manning barks orders till the play clock hits .01 the throws a wounded duck right in the hands of a Falcons player.
Lol. Some of those were "easy passes to the opposition." Using the term interception was too kind.
Edit: thought you were taking about Peyton. Derp.

#119 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Where is that quote from?

http://blogs.charlot...ne-sulking.html

#120 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I was there, I heard it.

He wasn't chewing cam out. Yes, he was cursing. They all curse.

He was being Smith. "Lets get out there and kick their asses" kind of thing. It wasn't personal with Cam.

Dumb thread.

Maybe you should read what Smith said about it himself. It was nothing to the effect of getting out there and kicking ass. Smith said he told Cam he needed to get up and watch, to take mental reps and that even Claussen and Anderson do so all season long.

Here is the link to what you missed. http://blogs.charlot...ne-sulking.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.