Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grantland article on Hurney

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll go with the local writer (who covered the team since the start) over the national blogger any day.

That's what I thought, we are still mediocre, in large part to Hurney's poor decisions.

Posted

Never heard of Grantland.com before today. Is it legit?

Posted

this article wouldn't have even been written if the game had been played on sunday.

Posted

Besides Armanti, and a few other draft moves I don't think he has made that bad of moves. Delhomme was bad but the other option was Moore and we saw how that turned out. I love D-lo but he got too much money. I rather give a young CJ 72 million then give peppers lazy 30 year old ass 100 million when we knew he didn't want to be here anymore. To bad there is no sign and trades like the nba. Davis had an injury clause so the info on his contract is wrong. Beason is a beast and I don't think anyone expected him to tear his achilies. We would have been screwed last season without Anderson. He has been solid. Godfrey is hot and cold and has yet to have a competent fs next to him. if we didn't resign the majority of these guys we would be in an even worse situation than we are right now. You can only get so many free agents to sign with you. Especially coming off a 2-14 season.

Posted

Hurney is God Awful, period. Hope he gets a wonderful nights sleep in a home we paid for. Remember that folks. Our dimes make his dollars. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Posted

This fan base is not accustomed to success that is why they are ok with Hurney.

Posted

There is no intelligent defense of Hurneys resume of decisions. He has failed this team, period.

Posted

JR looks at his pie chart....sees his franchise from a business standpoint is one of the most successful in all of professional sports. I think he is happy with that. Winning? Well, that would just be icing on the cake. Not all owners put the same value on a an actual team winning.

Posted

If anything...the article was kind....it failed to mention or there wasn't enough print room to mention all of Hurney's failures....Hurney should have never made it through the lockout period.

Posted

I was thinking the same thing.

A little too kind for me.

It feels funny to me to have so many people agreeing with me.

In the past I was the crazy guy in the corner with the tin foil hat for calling him out. I wasn't a "FAN". I was not an NFL GM so I needed to shut my mouth.

Good times.

Posted

And now you're the "I told you so" guy.

Everybody loves that guy.

Posted

And now you're the "I told you so" guy.

Everybody loves that guy.

Nope. Have not really done any of that.

Just saying that it feels weird to have people agreeing with me on this matter instead of saying that I am not a fan, and that I needed to shut up.

I am happy that the Panther fans are starting to get fed up with the mediocre ways of our franchise and are saying something about it.

No need to gloat about it.