Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedMage138

Grantland article on Hurney

56 posts in this topic

Gantt's take on this article via twitter:

"Been asked about Grantland Hurney piece. I think lacks context in spots, but it's what you get when you fart in church."

"lacks context" sums up my feelings about it.

Here is some context:

Marty Hurney, employed by the Carolina Panthers organization for 12 years, 10 years as the Team's General Manager.

Has never had winning seasons back to back, and only has four winning seasons total.

If mediocrity is what you are looking for in a sports team, Marty Hurney delivers.

Marty Hurney, serving up steaming bowls of NFL mediocrity to the Carolinas since 1998

Gantt's take on this article via twitter:

"Been asked about Grantland Hurney piece. I think lacks context in spots, but it's what you get when you fart in church."

"lacks context" sums up my feelings about it.

Gantt was taking this article out piece by piece on twitter.

Gantt was taking this article out piece by piece on twitter.

Do any of his twitter responses improve our official NFL record for the last ten years?

Do any of his twitter responses improve our official NFL record for the last ten years?

I'll go with the local writer (who covered the team since the start) over the national blogger any day.

I'll go with the local writer (who covered the team since the start) over the national blogger any day.

That's what I thought, we are still mediocre, in large part to Hurney's poor decisions.

this article wouldn't have even been written if the game had been played on sunday.

Besides Armanti, and a few other draft moves I don't think he has made that bad of moves. Delhomme was bad but the other option was Moore and we saw how that turned out. I love D-lo but he got too much money. I rather give a young CJ 72 million then give peppers lazy 30 year old ass 100 million when we knew he didn't want to be here anymore. To bad there is no sign and trades like the nba. Davis had an injury clause so the info on his contract is wrong. Beason is a beast and I don't think anyone expected him to tear his achilies. We would have been screwed last season without Anderson. He has been solid. Godfrey is hot and cold and has yet to have a competent fs next to him. if we didn't resign the majority of these guys we would be in an even worse situation than we are right now. You can only get so many free agents to sign with you. Especially coming off a 2-14 season.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Evangellic