• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

I feel for Cam. My coaches used to get onto me for doing the same thing. Not equating the two, but in JUCO I actually got pulled out of games for getting pissed off and showing it. I wore my emotions on my sleeve the same way... But, he's getting paid to do this. No one is telling him to be fake and act like it doesn't bother him, but he's got to remain accountable to his teammates, which was the real problem last night - not his press conference.

I understand being highly competitive and mistakes and losses hurting... But, he's got to temper those lows a little bit more.

#17 YoMoney

YoMoney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Love the kid but he is a mental midget. Never seen a QB be such a fuging baby after throwing an INT.

At least Clausen took his butt whoopings like a man, something I can respect.

#18 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

His press conference was fine, he was disgusted with himself. God damn..

He came off like a cry baby and pouter, not a leader. Name one great leader in anything, not just football, who consistently, if not constantly, exhibits that demeanor when facing adversity or after defeat. You can't. There is no such thing.

Ditto for the sideline sulk, which SS called him out on. Elite QB's conference with colleagues and coaches, and plan for the next series on the field, and/or rally the team on the benches. Cammy goes into the corner with his binky over his head.

RR just said he was going to address some things personally with Cam too.

It is ultimately up to Cam whether this behavior continues, or whether he starts exhibiting the qualities of a leader, but nothing will change his behavior in similar situations last year (which he got a "talkin' to" from teammates for), or last night. It was what it was.

#19 SwagManCam

SwagManCam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oh ye of little faith. 3 games into a 16 game season in a weakened divison. We are going to make the playoffs. Cam is going to erupt next game with fire as he is known to do. He's going to make all you doubters sing his praises or disappear until the next lost. Cam has so many haters even from his own fanbase and some of his jealous teammates who want to bring him down a knotch and attack his brand. Libel is a real thing and can be costly.

This man plays when he wants to play and he knows when to turn it on and when to coast on his natural abilities. You are going to see him turn it on next week.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

HighlandFire was one of his most vocal borderline ignorant naysayers dating back before the 2011 draft.

Coincidentally after we drafted Cam and the season began, HighlandFire completely disappeared from the board.

You creating this thread is ironic and also shows just what kind of person you are, a pansy.

#21 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Oh ye of little faith. 3 games into a 16 game season in a weakened divison. We are going to make the playoffs. Cam is going to erupt next game with fire as he is known to do. He's going to make all you doubters sing his praises or disappear until the next lost. Cam has so many haters even from his own fanbase and some of his jealous teammates who want to bring him down a knotch and attack his brand. Libel is a real thing and can be costly.

This man plays when he wants to play and he knows when to turn it on and when to coast on his natural abilities. You are going to see him turn it on next week.

See, this is good trolling. Subtle, hits on 3 or 4 sore spots and does it in a way that he can shift the argument away without losing face.

Reminds me of TRD.

#22 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Leadership does not appear to be one of his natural abilities. No one doubts his athletic abilities and potential to be a great QB, at least in terms of stats and points. Others on the team, including the ones with a "C" on their jerseys, and those men with a "C" in their job title have told him the same thing. He needs to rally the troops with his head held high, not pout under a towel or look away when asked difficult questions.

#23 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Ever notice how certain fans come out of the woodwork to post after loss?

Also we seem to get a few new members after a loss.

Yep. Some people just want to b***h

#24 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't get wht Cam isn't better.....

He has been given utter poo for a defense, ST shoots the team in the foot......and all that has been consistant since his debut. Why can't a green QB put an offense on his back and an entire team and whoop people. How much help do we have to give the guy.....all we ask is for him to esstenailly be is a one man team. What is so hard about that? Why can't Newton Newton with spotty coaching defeat well coached teams by himself?

......that essentially, big picture, is what Carolina has asked this far of Newton. That is also the model to a T of how you ruin players. Problem isn't the young QB. Problem is since week 1 last year, he has never been allowed to be a young QB

#25 FalconDoucheBag

FalconDoucheBag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

See how RGIII handles himself after a loss, then proceed to watch "Young" Cameron. That is the difference between a boy and a man.

#26 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Cam needs to watch some tape on elite quarterback press conferences. See how it's done.. Cam brings the whole team down with his sulking actions. Many of you say that he cares so much.. and that's true, but he needs to convey his feelings and act with maturity in an appropriate manner that doesn't decrease the morale of his teammates. Instead of sitting alone on the bench.. go get in someones face to get them pumped up, or mingle with teammates to encourage them. Everyone's looking at you Cam. If you want to sit there with your head down in defeat, then your teammates will follow your lead.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

See how RGIII handles himself after a loss, then proceed to watch "Young" Cameron. That is the difference between a boy and a man.

That is the difference between who deems winning as everything vs just a football game and job.

Go back and watch Jake Delhomme (poor QB at times but GREAT leader) after a humiliating loss, watch Brady, watch tons of QBs.....plenty pout.

#28 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

cry about late hits and insinuate that if someone on the other team touches you its comparable to the bounty situation? focus on covering up the endorsement of a competitor when youre throwing picks and losing? RG3 has shown more diva tendencies than Cam in a mere 2 weeks

#29 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, the boy whines about how the other team is dirty in the pile.

#30 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

LMAO!! Where are all these new guys coming from?? I swear i wasnt seeing these profile names last year or last week when we beat the Saints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com