• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

See how RGIII handles himself after a loss, then proceed to watch "Young" Cameron. That is the difference between a boy and a man.

RG3 was complaining about dirty play by the Rams after they lost last week.

http://www.nfl.com/n...iculars-vs-rams

#32 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just because Cam has gotten some endorsements doesn't mean that is all he cares about. Everything I have read and seen leads me to believe he only cares about winning which is a good thing. Last night he had a bad game. He is still the man though and Im glad to have him. You should be too.

#33 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Go back and watch Jake Delhomme (poor QB at times but GREAT leader) after a humiliating loss, watch Brady, watch tons of QBs.....plenty pout.

Apparently not with the vibe Cam gives off. Team captains have gotten on him about it, as recently as last night. THAT should concern you because Cam has not changed and he's been told his appearing this way negatively affects the team. If you place no stock in most forum posts, can't say I blame you, but if guys like Kalil, Gross, and Smith are concerned about his solo sulking, the fans that care should be too.

http://blogs.charlot...ne-sulking.html

#34 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Instead of sitting alone on the bench.. go get in someones face to get them pumped up, or mingle with teammates to encourage them. Everyone's looking at you Cam. If you want to sit there with your head down in defeat, then your teammates will follow your lead.

I understand your point, and yes, Cam has some growing up to do, just like every other 23 year old.

But please consider this...who is the ultimate leader of the team? Unless I'm mistaken, it's Ron Rivera. When have you seen Ron Rivera do something to rally the troops when times get tough? When have you seen him use a timeout to call the defense over and try to get them refocused? He may not have a towel on his head, but he may as well.

We should not expect more out of a kid than a mature man with many years in the league. Ron is a good communicator with the media and fans, but he is not showing his leadership on the field. That needs to change.

#35 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Cam made the organization look
Bad with his post Game antics

I love the dude...but he needs to grow up

#36 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Those of you putting all this on the defense/special teams. The Patriots and Giants statiscally had two of the worst defenses in the NFL last year and we see where that got them.

#37 FalconDoucheBag

FalconDoucheBag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

RG3 was complaining about dirty play by the Rams after they lost last week.

http://www.nfl.com/n...iculars-vs-rams

There's a difference between complaining and b!tching my friend.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Apparently not with the vibe Cam gives off. Team captains have gotten on him about it, as recently as last night. THAT should concern you because Cam has not changed and he's been told his appearing this way negatively affects the team. If you place no stock in most forum posts, can't say I blame you, but if guys like Kalil, Gross, and Smith are concerned about his solo sulking, the fans that care should be too.

http://blogs.charlot...ne-sulking.html

I will repeat....go watch VETERAN QBs after an embarrassing loss. Plenty pout.

Cam is 22 and what we have done to him the blueprint for how to ruin a talented young QB......I ain't worried about his pouting. More worried Carolina might ruin a rare talent. I don't like the pouting.

But I have said it before, I don't but into the man love of certain players.....Smitty has repeatedly shown he can't handle things appropriately yet the board pimps him as the wise man. I got no beef with Smitty chewing him out a little.

Cam needs work....not sure why that surprises. Cam sulking is the least of our worries at the moment. worry about that when we field a competitive team around him.....instead of while you ask him to carry the team each week

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

All the people who spent years defending Delhomme (and Moore) on this board now upset people are defending our present QB? Grow up.

#40 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I understand your point, and yes, Cam has some growing up to do, just like every other 23 year old.

But please consider this...who is the ultimate leader of the team? Unless I'm mistaken, it's Ron Rivera. When have you seen Ron Rivera do something to rally the troops when times get tough? When have you seen him use a timeout to call the defense over and try to get them refocused? He may not have a towel on his head, but he may as well.

We should not expect more out of a kid than a mature man with many years in the league. Ron is a good communicator with the media and fans, but he is not showing his leadership on the field. That needs to change.

I think we need to improve in multiple facets. I agree about Rivera, and I agree about Cam. They both are far from perfect, and both need to grow at their positions.. and fast.

#41 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

instead of while you ask him to carry the team each week

Now do you understand why "STAR" players and prospects (ex: Luck) do not want to play for LOSING small market franchises? Understand why LeBron had enough and left Cleveland? Small market franchises like ours are incapable of maximizing their talents and ultimately put all the load on said athlete to be star, GM, and owner. When we lose from here on out, Cam will take the brunt of the criticism. Sad thing is, we didnt even wait til we locked him up long term to start acting like this. We hav veterans on our team who make more $$$ and have been here longer but we expect Cam to carry them. We need him a lot more than he needs us, but we have so many fans used to losing, they're delusional.

#42 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Those of you putting all this on the defense/special teams. The Patriots and Giants statiscally had two of the worst defenses in the NFL last year and we see where that got them.

Why don't you look at what those teams did in the takeaway dept on D.....not just yards. Turnovers are king.

3 phases....D and ST put to much on the O....and the O too often puts it all on Cam.

Again, that is how you ruin most QBs. Lucky, Newton been able to stay afloat considering it. Some teams have really bad D....some have a really bad ST unit. We have both.

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

HighlandFire was one of his most vocal borderline ignorant naysayers dating back before the 2011 draft.

Coincidentally after we drafted Cam and the season began, HighlandFire completely disappeared from the board.

You creating this thread is ironic and also shows just what kind of person you are, a pansy.

I totally agree with this post.

#44 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

He's not the only one who does that. There's several posters who dont post or barely when we win, then post all day and say he isnt a QB when we lose. Its sad the lack of support and belief he's given when he has a bad game or we lose. Our fanbase has to become tougher than that. Let that wimpy poo go.

#45 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

2 losses into the season and some "fans" are ready to throw the rookie of the year under the bus.

The Huddle may have an enema this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com