Photo
- - - - -

Are PSL's a Catch 22?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

I get the OP's point, but if it were not for PSL's we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

I referenced that and that is why it's a catch 22

#32 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Except here

http://www.pantherpsls.com/

Different meaning of the term ... you're being obtuse.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Different meaning of the term ... you're being obtuse.

Panthers Lover - They never mentioned investment regarding psls

Panthro - except on their psl site

Panthers lover - youre being obtuse

Panthro - *recaps*

#34 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Panthers Lover - They never mentioned investment regarding psls

Panthro - except on their psl site

Panthers lover - youre being obtuse

Panthro - *recaps*

They did not and do not advertise or promote PSLs as a financial investment in terms getting a financial return on your payment for the PSL. As I recall, actually, they specifically say you should NOT look at it as an investment of that type.

A financial investment, in which you might expect a financial return on the investment, is different from an investment in "the team" in terms of supporting the team as a fan, etc.

Again, you're being obtuse.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

This argument aside...

It's a catch 22. It's how we got the team, sold out home games, and why we've had 3 playoff teams in 11 years under the current GM

If Richardson quit football over money his passion in life is money not football. A shitty/great product still brings in the same revenue

#36 BucBinge

BucBinge

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

You guys are basically where the Bucs were in 2006 when sellouts were common in Tampa. The PSLs were 10 year licenses. Once the 10 years were up the team wanted season ticket holders to REDEPOSIT for another 10 years.

Of course while this was going on the Glazers were busy purchasing Manchester United and turning our perennial playoff team into an after thought made up of over the hill veterans and a team salary that met the cap floor only by shady book keeping.

So remember this when the media blames Tampa Bay fans for the local blackouts. You guys wonder why we don't sell out but the reason is that the fans were taken advantage of as an ATM for the Glazer boys. The fans did the only thing we could which was to NOT go. The message finally got through to the Glazers who finally decided to invest in the team again this offseason. They also REDUCED prices for a lot of season tickets and no longer require deposits or PSLs for non premium seating.

#37 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for not trolling and adding to the conversation.

#38 BucBinge

BucBinge

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

No need to troll. These teams have a great rivalry and I'd hate to see another NFC South team's fan base put through the same things the fans here have gone through.

We are all good fans here but we have been taken for granted by the Glazers. It's sad when dip spits like Mike Florio place the blame for blackouts at the feet of the fans when you don't understand that blind loyalty for a team leads to the debacle we had here for the last 8 years.

#39 nobody

nobody

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for not trolling and adding to the conversation.

True that - But as far as the psl's go remember the arizonia playoff game way back when? The team didnt refund the money for all the psl's bought for those playoff home games after the first 1. Add to that if you didnt buy playoff tickets you could would have voided the psl's for the next season and then they "tried" to raise prices in the off season. Still stings to this day. Our family has em and we keep em as a way for branches of the family to mingle. If not for that we would have sold em a long time ago.

#40 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Wow, I'm glad you financial geniuses are here to protect our interests and fabricate definitions for us. I mean, geez, the hacks at Forbes Magazine even consider PSL's investments...and who are they thinking they know anything about money?

http://www.forbes.co...ky-investments/

#41 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Panthers Liver>Forbes

#42 liljah8303

liljah8303

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I wish someone would take out an ad in the observer every week and make this known. This pisses me off to think the owner doesn't care about the product, but cares about the money. Why can't it be both? I think like you all said, he doesn't have to, he comfortable. It's like when you get married....you lose your gym membership quit cleaning your car stop shaving and eat like a fugging grown ass man.

It really does suck to put your money and emotions into something and be let down on a consistent basis. I hate sucking, and Cam said it best....today I am ashamed to be a panther fan, based on the fact that the owner doesn't give a poo. New ownership is only so far away.....