Photo
- - - - -

Breaking down why our defense is bad

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

we are another draft and free agency period away from having a defense that will be able to properly execute the defensive scheme. we're missing two or three key guys that can make plays and hold their own.

hitting the reset button during the lockout cost this team very dearly.

#38 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

it's not hard to break down why our defense is bad...it lacks talent along the line and in the secondary...two areas where you need playmakers and two areas that marty hurney just doesn't value...charles johnson is good, not great...the rest of the d-line is just a bunch of guys...gamble like johnson is good, not great...norman could have potential but it's still way too early to tell...munnerlyn is alright in the nickel but he is a disaster on the outside matched up against bigger WR's which is just about any WR in the league...our safeties can't tackle...godfrey can have his moments where he looks like an adequate safety but for the most part he's too inconsistent...nakamura is a joke...i've seen him get run over or dragged more than i can count in the first three games

i'm not gonna sit here and blame the coaching when i don't think the coaches are being given much to work with

#39 letha

letha

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

well' I just hope it won't take as long as it took the 49ers and lions to become a good football team....

#40 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

football is won in the trenches.

last 10 years, Pitt and NY G's have been to SB several times. They both concentrate on their lines

Our D Line cannot stop the run, nor get to the QB. Like a basketball team saying, "we were short, but we were slow".

Rest of the D would come into its own if we had a line.

Taking a que from Pitt and NY in future drafts would be good.

#41 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Good post.Thank you

#42 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

We need to leave Kuechy on the field. Quit taking him out. The guy makes plays. He's better than both Anderson and Beason right now

I said this in another thread and was told I was wrong. I am with you on this cause Beason missed the interception where he could not elevate for an easy pick. Mental are whatever, he is not ready to be on the field on passing downs. Look what Sproles did to him last week. Anderson has been repeatedly merqued by TEs in this league. He is a good serviceable LB, not Lawrence Taylor. When they play Keuchly's college film, all you see is picks. Youth cannot grow off the field.

#43 Panthrax

Panthrax

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

LB's are hurt and you need a real push from the DL's...
Very Tough to do against the Giants...
Hell, the Bucs were gassed by the middle of the 3rd...

If you ain't deep, you're getting tired quick, fast and in a hurry...

#44 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Well, tackling is pretty basic. You either wrap a guy up, or you dont. Last year, I felt our guys, for all their faults, did a much better job of tackling that we have this year.