Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

14.1%

150 posts in this topic

I have not visited this part of the huddle in a long time but this thread caught my eye.

All I have to say on this front is that I am in the 28% bracket for federal income taxes, single with no kids so I get very few write off's.

That means that I work all of Monday and a few hours every Tuesday just to pay my FIC.

To me, that is far too much to ask, and that's not even talking about NC state taxes, gasoline taxes, and sales taxes.

Here. This is a good resource. It talks about their hunting preserves, billion dollar malls they built in Salt Lake City, etc.

Here is a list of some companies and the % of their income they spend on charity.

Wal-Mart - 1.5%

Ford - 2.2%

JP Morgan 2.1%

MBNA - 1.4%

UPS - 1.1%

GM - 1.23%

Avon - 3.97%

MetLife - 1%

Prudential - 1.22%

Eli Lilly - 1.4%

Church of Mormon - 0.7%

You are not counting the significant amount that is spent on charity and support that us given to needy members. There were dozens of families in the church I attended that would have either starved or been forced to go on welfare without the generosity of the church.

I would also be interested in how the % above lines up with other religions. I see that you conveniently left all others off.

I would also be interested in how the % above lines up with other religions. I see that you conveniently left all others off.

High or low in comparison to other religions, what exactly would that prove?

You are not counting the significant amount that is spent on charity and support that us given to needy members. There were dozens of families in the church I attended that would have either starved or been forced to go on welfare without the generosity of the church.

Methodist church gives 29%

doesn't this thread illuminate the fact that we have been brainwashed? meaning that most here are all hung up on %'s as opposed to how EFFECTIVE the charity has spent the money.

lets say Rommney paid 50% to charity or even taxes. isn't it more important how THAT money is spent, instead of how it was taxed or earned?

isn't it more important how THAT money is spent, instead of how it was taxed or earned?

Ahem. You're talking to a bunch of liberals on here.

Ahem. You're talking to a bunch of liberals on here.

Exactly using logic is a useless endeavor when Liberals are involved.

High or low in comparison to other religions, what exactly would that prove?

His point is that the Mormon Church should not be viewed as a charitable donation because if this statistic.

If they are in line with other churches, you can't call them on it. Unless the point being made is that no donations to any church should not be tax deductible.

If you want to make that leap, that us a huge impact to millions if taxpayers of all income levels.

Methodist church gives 29%

Where are you getting these %'s?

doesn't this thread illuminate the fact that we have been brainwashed? meaning that most here are all hung up on %'s as opposed to how EFFECTIVE the charity has spent the money.

lets say Rommney paid 50% to charity or even taxes. isn't it more important how THAT money is spent, instead of how it was taxed or earned?

Regarding how the charity spends it, I don't really think its all that important. Its his money, and its up to him who he decides to voluntarily give it to. As long as they are not doing anything illegal or harmful with it, I don't care.

I am sure there are some who don't think the Mormon church should be a charity and some who think that no church should be a charity for tax purposes, but thats a completely different discussion.

Where are you getting these %'s?

Years of statistical training. Door to door interviews with churches. Nights spent poring over the books of those churches. Deep Throat interviews with clergymen.

1 person likes this

Typical liberal and media reaction to romney's tax rate.

Hate Romney because he only paid 14%.......realize that he only paid 14% because he gave 25% of his earnings to charity....start bashing the charity that he gave to.

Pathetic.