Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

14.1%

148 posts in this topic

The Church of Mormon is not a charity, no matter how many times you try to make him look like he's solving world hunger or something.

When they sent people on missions, where do you think they get the money? From Obama?

The Church of Mormon doesn't actually allow members (or anyone) to know the numbers on how it spends their donations. One of the only major religions in the country to do this. That's because the vast majority of donations go to 4 things: Lawyers, real estate, politics, salaries. A lot also goes to BYU. The amount that goes to their social/welfare/charitable programs is extremely small compared to those other things.

They can't get away with not disclosing their info in the UK like they can here, so here's some info from there. During the tsunami, they did a drive for humanitarian aid donations. They received $1,233,581. They spent $139,406 of that in-house, and they applied $0 to tsunami relief. The rest they put in the bank.

They're not a charity. Period.

The Church of Mormon doesn't actually allow members (or anyone) to know the numbers on how it spends their donations. One of the only major religions in the country to do this. That's because the vast majority of donations go to 4 things: Lawyers, real estate, politics, salaries. A lot also goes to BYU. The amount that goes to their social/welfare/charitable programs is extremely small compared to those other things.

You know this how? They all hate black people, too. Right?

Look, I don't like the religious right any more than you do. But a lot of good is done by churches. Local charity, national charity, even international charity. You assume that they hoard their money, well I've got news for you....most charities spend most of their money on administrative BS and very little on those they are actually designed to help.

What you just described, if true, reminds me a lot of the Jewish religion. They believe in charity, but not in throwing money at a problem. Sounds pretty smart to me.

You know this how? They all hate black people, too. Right?

I seriously doubt that. Even though their religion taught that black people are cursed with black skin because they chose Satan over God, and the only way into heaven for them is as a slave. They took that out of the book of Mormon in '76, so I'm sure most of them disregard it.

Look, I don't like the religious right any more than you do. But a lot of good is done by churches. Local charity, national charity, even international charity. You assume that they hoard their money, well I've got news for you....most charities spend most of their money on administrative BS and very little on those they are actually designed to help.

This isn't about the good done by churches in general, it's about the Church of Mormon. They are barely a step above Scientology in their shady dealings.

Most politicians donate to churches, and unless it's one of those stupid megachurches with a Starbucks in the lobby, I'm fine with it and consider it valid charity. The Church of Mormon is not valid charity.

I seriously doubt that. Even though their religion taught that black people are cursed with black skin because they chose Satan over God, and the only way into heaven for them is as a slave. They took that out of the book of Mormon in '76, so I'm sure most of them disregard it.

This isn't about the good done by churches in general, it's about the Church of Mormon. They are barely a step above Scientology in their shady dealings.

Most politicians donate to churches, and unless it's one of those stupid megachurches with a Starbucks in the lobby, I'm fine with it and consider it valid charity. The Church of Mormon is not valid charity.

And yet somehow, if Obama donated to his "God DAMN America!" pastor's church, I doubt you'd have such reservations. Be honest.

And yet somehow, if Obama donated to his "God DAMN America!" pastor's church, I doubt you'd have such reservations. Be honest.

He is a Liberal thinking about things from an analytic and non-emotional perspective is impossible.

Besides us calling out Obama's America hating whitey bashing Pastor makes us racist.

I agree with what Wright said so I don't have an issue with that at all from that perspective. I don't know much else about that church though, and I don't know what they do with the money they receive.

And "reservations" is the wrong word to describe how I feel about Romney's donations. If he wants to donate to his church, that's cool with me, I don't care. My point is that it doesn't make him a saint any more than it would make me if I donated money to a friend's used car lot.

Mention of Romney's religious affiliations is to only demonstrate that he has character outside of the professional world. That he has actually committed to his friends, family, and community. he is not going to drive a mormon agenda from the office. Only in his homelife. Which is the way it should be. The only real question, is if he is more qualified than Obummer.

Anything over 10% is too much anyway/ And look at how they throw it away in DC. I heard Romney paid 2 million. That is just sickening. No one should have to pay over a million.