149 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

The point isn't if he followed the rules, it's how little he paid while he whines that we should cut his taxes. He called out half the country as entitled freeloaders, yet paid a lower rate than a good portion of them.

#17 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

And that's in a year when he knew he was about to run for President. His trustee also said he intentionally deferred $1.75 million in charitable deductions just to get his rate above 13%. He paid more than he had to just so it wouldn't look bad. Wonder what he paid in, say, 2000 and before.

He's running for President for Pete's sake

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

He's not qualified to run for President according to himself.

"I don’t pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president." - Mitt Romney

For the year he disclosed he only should have paid 9%, but waived enough charitable deductions to get up to 14%. He paid more than was legally due.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

The point isn't if he followed the rules, it's how little he paid while he whines that we should cut his taxes. He called out half the country as entitled freeloaders, yet paid a lower rate than a good portion of them.

He paid a higher federal income tax rate that the average american.

Regarding cutting his taxes (and by his I mean taxes on Capital Gains/dividends), the Romney campaign has said nothing about cutting them. He has said the current rates would be maintained. He even said he would determine whether or not they should be increased at least irt fund managers that are getting dividend tax rates on money that many say should be considered income.

Hubbard also said Romney was willing to examine the tax treatment of carried interest, a provision that allows fund managers to pay the 15% capital gains rate on portions of their income.
Should he become president, Hubbard said Romney would instruct his Treasury secretary to study the issue to determine if a higher rate was appropriate.

I doubt they will be increased, but he has said nothing about decreasing them.

#20 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

He's freeloading by paying less taxes?

Interesting.

#21 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,653 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Obama allowed Mitt to pay 14.1%. Guess what... If Obama reelected Mitt will probably pay close to 10%.

#22 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Okay, nothing of the head of the US Senate looking like he should be on Springer? He uses his high office to blatantly lie to the world. Lying is just part of the job for him.

Anyway, don't expecdt the press to hammer him on it.

I think Romney paid a ton of taxes and followed the law. No problem. There would be an issue if he did not understand tax codes and the like. Who better to cut out the loopholes for corporations and individuals making lots of money. Raising and worrying about rates is pretty stupid as the high end guys get out of it through current laws.

I abhore Obamas methods. Create a ton of pain, but do not accept responsibility for any of it, instead, make those feeling the pain turn on other Americans. "you don't have a job or a lot of money, you would feel better bringing those that do, down to size"

I paraphrase his entire campaign.

#23 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,299 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I enjoy the political threads in the Tinderbox, but the only thing I can take away from any of them are that...

A. Obama sucks
B. Romney sucks
C. I have no faith in politicians in general

Random post, cool story bro, etc...but just felt like saying it.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I enjoy the political threads in the Tinderbox, but the only thing I can take away from any of them are that...

A. Obama sucks
B. Romney sucks

I don't have faith in any human being that I don't personally know and know well.

That being said, I do believe that most politicians try to do a good job. But politicians failures are like Sports stars to an extent in that they tend to be magnified because there are so many people watching them and pointing out every single failure to the nth degree.

#25 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

A. Obama sucks
B. Romney sucks

As a lurker, I enjoy the alien ones the best

they at least provoke conversation rather than: link + anti-(insert politician here) line

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

So success now is defined as paying more taxes? I call that stupidity. It's a game of accounting. You play by the rules and use the deductions etc that are there and work it down.

And let's define "fair share" shall we? What is that? How do you reach that #?

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

You all are missing the point, If all this is true then why not just release, you know, the "long form"? I hear that solves everything.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1904573.html

When he loses he can always go back and do this.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

This is probably closer to what he did in previous years and would explain why we are not going to see those returns. And it's nothing to do with whats legal or smart - its about the fact that the rich are benefitted FAR MORE with our tax codes than the sniveling, entitled, freeloading government dependent poor.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t2

Why this 20 year thing is pretty much bullshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.