• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#76 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Spending other people's money is so easy.

Perhaps we should just flat tax, since that would eliminate a ton of paperwork, a ton of government jobs/spending, a ton of guesswork and sheltering.

Pretty much settles the equality thing too.

#77 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

lol nobody knows better what a liberal thinks than a republican.

You're one of the worst ones on here as far as making jokes that infer that someone on here hates minorities.

#78 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Only when they've displayed that they actually do.

If you're so concerned about people thinking you're racist, you should focus less on what liberals think, and more on distancing yourself from the ideology associated with opposition to civil rights. If you lay in bed with the people who turned on the hoses in Selma and donate their time and money to block civil rights, saying "wah wah the liberals" is a pathetic cop out. Take some personal responsibility and change things.

#79 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

So it's about quantity and not really fair share. Finally the truth comes out. I wish the other redumblicans would be this brutally honest.

58% of his income to taxes and charities. That's not enough for you? I f you tried to make me pay 58% of my earnings to anybody you'd have a fight on your hands. This guy did it on his own. fair share my ass. obameys only contribution to the poor, is more poor people.

#80 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Only when they've displayed that they actually do.

If you're so concerned about people thinking you're racist, you should focus less on what liberals think, and more on distancing yourself from the ideology associated with opposition to civil rights. If you lay in bed with the people who turned on the hoses in Selma and donate their time and money to block civil rights, saying "wah wah the liberals" is a pathetic cop out. Take some personal responsibility and change things.

I'm not in league with the ideology associated with anything. Grow up. If you want to play that game, Lincoln was Republican.

To be fair, when you say racist, I think of someone who believes that their race is superior to others. Meanwhiile, you think someone who gets annoyed when a minority does something rude is racist. You call me that word, I'm thinking KKK and the like.

#81 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

58% of his income to taxes and charities. That's not enough for you? I f you tried to make me pay 58% of my earnings to anybody you'd have a fight on your hands. This guy did it on his own. fair share my ass. obameys only contribution to the poor, is more poor people.

And now it's about %.

Which is it?

#82 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Flat tax. It's the only logical end to the bickering.

#83 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm not in league with the ideology associated with anything. Grow up. If you want to play that game, Lincoln was Republican.

To be fair, when you say racist, I think of someone who believes that their race is superior to others. Meanwhiile, you think someone who gets annoyed when a minority does something rude is racist. You call me that word, I'm thinking KKK and the like.

Republican is not an ideology, it's a party, and you have full knowledge of the circumstances around the "southern strategy" of the 1960s which rejuvenated the party based on racism. That's a deflection that shows that you're not serious about what you're saying, you're more interested in trying to "win" an argument with tricks.

Again, if you're worried about being thought a racist, (which you obviously are since you brought this whole thing up out of nowhere), take responsibility for yourself. It's not "the liberals" fault who you choose to align yourself with.

#84 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Flat tax. It's the only logical end to the bickering.

Yeah, shift the burden to the middle class and working poor. That'll make everyone happy.

#85 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Republican is not an ideology, it's a party, and you have full knowledge of the circumstances around the "southern strategy" of the 1960s which rejuvenated the party based on racism. That's a deflection that shows that you're not serious about what you're saying, you're more interested in trying to "win" an argument with tricks.

Again, if you're worried about being thought a racist, (which you obviously are since you brought this whole thing up out of nowhere), take responsibility for yourself. It's not "the liberals" fault who you choose to align yourself with.

You made this personal, not me. My statement was about liberals and it's true. They use the race card from the bottom of the deck. Why? Because their arguments are based on feelings and emotions. You should know about "tricks". You and your ilk use them all the time.

#86 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, shift the burden to the middle class and working poor. That'll make everyone happy.

Then you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Either rich people like Romney aren't paying as high a percentage as the middle class and the poor, or a flat tax will add a burden onto the middle class and the poor. Which is it?

#87 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,697 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

So it's about quantity and not really fair share. Finally the truth comes out. I wish the other redumblicans would be this brutally honest.

So, which number is "not his share"?

58% of his income to charity and taxes? Or, $9.2M to charity and taxes in 2011.

I am curious to know how much you think is someone else's share.....because I guarantee you that he pays a much higher percentage to taxes and charity than you EVER will.

#88 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

So, which number is "not his share"?

58% of his income to charity and taxes? Or, $9.2M to charity and taxes in 2011.

I am curious to know how much you think is someone else's share.....because I guarantee you that he pays a much higher percentage to taxes and charity than you EVER will.

Yeah, but it wasn't one of those "good, liberal charities."

#89 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Then you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Either rich people like Romney aren't paying as high a percentage as the middle class and the poor, or a flat tax will add a burden onto the middle class and the poor. Which is it?

I don't understand what you mean by "Either rich people like Romney aren't paying as high a percentage as the middle class and the poor..." Are you disputing this fact? The % is right in the thread title. 14.1%. The tax rate for most of the middle class is 25%. Romney paid a lower tax rate. Are you arguing that he didn't, cause he's the one who released that number, not me.

Secondly, yes, a flat tax will place the burden onto the middle class and poor. You have to think in human terms rather than detaching yourself and just looking at the numbers. Taking 20% from someone working their ass off for 14,500 per year is ludicrous. You can't live off of that. That's all that needs to be said about it; it's a regressive system and it would destroy demand and the economy.

There is only 1 actual fair system, and it isn't proposed by anyone employed by our government. That is to abolish the income tax, and tax what is spent, not what is earned.

#90 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,163 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

what is fair share of taxes ya bunch of Bob's from Accountemps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com