• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

-Jim Harbaugh
-John Harbaugh
-John Fox 2years Super Bowl, last year Denver Divisional Rd
-Mike Smith

I can go more. Want me to?

Absolutly, but just so you know I was making a point about the other guys criteria. Superbowl shouldn't be the only measure of success. Maybe a little success in general would be good.

#32 CarolinaKittens

CarolinaKittens

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Rivera has underwhelmed, to put it gently. The defense has imploded under him. Last year and thus far this year, we've consistently lost to teams with inferior talent AND inexperienced coaches. He seems like a decent enough guy, but average coach in this league he is not.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,569 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Can someone plz give me a list of head coaches who took over losing teams and went to a super bowl in 2 years.....

Add Mike Tomlin, he won a Super Bowl in two years. Do you know who Tomlin is?

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,569 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Absolutly, but just so you know I was making a point about the other guys criteria. Superbowl shouldn't be the only measure of success. Maybe a little success in general would be good.

My bad

#35 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Well, I mean if you can't beat established teams as a rookie HC at the helm of a previously 2-14 team with a rookie QB coming off a lockout then what good are you?

Remember when the Skins went 1-15 in Gibbs first year?

2010 Denver Broncos were 4-12.....Fox managed to take them deep in the playoffs in 2011....go figure.

#36 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,055 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

I think patience will prevail. Stickin with Rivera. Good things to those who wait

#37 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think patience will prevail. Stickin with Rivera. Good things to those who wait

I disagree. A good coach grabs a team and leads it....that has not happened and won't.....when Steve Smith is having to discipline our #1 draft pick we have a problem. We need a GM and a coach...hell for that matter we need a new owner that actually cares about winning more than the bottom line.

#38 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,510 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

If this team doesn't start getting their act together and FAST, this season is over.

#39 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

yea I have totally given up on this dude now.

#40 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

So, the guy wins 6 games with a rookie QB in a lockout season, and we are calling it terrible now?

Rivera's been pretty bad this season, but bringing up the fact that we beat rookie quarterbacks doesn't really invalidate the wins to me, seeing as how we had a rookie as well.

#41 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yea I've posted the same thing in other threads. It matters who you beat. If you get to the playoffs then you're playing a good team.

Yes, we've had close losses. Coaching is critical in end-game pressure situations and that has been painfully lacking.

#42 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

So, the guy wins 6 games with a rookie QB in a lockout season, and we are calling it terrible now?

Rivera's been pretty bad this season, but bringing up the fact that we beat rookie quarterbacks doesn't really invalidate the wins to me, seeing as how we had a rookie as well.

Fair point. My concern is that the trend has extended 5 games into year 2. At some point you have to beat a playoff-caliber team to be a playoff team, not just get the better of your fellow cellar dwellers.

#43 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Fair point. My concern is that the trend has extended 5 games into year 2. At some point you have to beat a playoff-caliber team to be a playoff team, not just get the better of your fellow cellar dwellers.

Fine, but I would just say that he has sucked at points this year. Winning six games with a rookie QB and a mash unit at the linebacking core is a fine outing in my opinion.

#44 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Can someone plz give me a list of head coaches who took over losing teams and went to a super bowl in 2 years.....

John Fox!

#45 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yep, I said this way back last year before the season was over. Week 12 I was saying we should have just lost out and tried to secure the number 2 pick. Im sorry, but I am not a believer in the notion "finishing the season strong means it will carry momentum over until next season." Everyone jumped on me saying it was netter to win out then secure the number 2 pick. Look At how well the Rams got it with that blockbuster trade out of the number 2 pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.