• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I am officially sick of the option offense. We are overutilizing it. I know we have a unique QB but with our running backs we should have a good to great ground game. The option is not going to work consistently in the NFL. I have seen enough.

#2 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

These threads are being repeated over and over.

#3 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't get it, and it wasn't even our base offense last year, like it is now.

#4 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

You realized that when we could run the football...we ran it pretty effectively for 4-5 yards a pop, right?

Any play will be stopped for no gain or a loss a few times, the option is no different. Reality is, we were down by 20+ points pretty quick. No time to run the football there. That's why we were passing all night.

#5 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Smitty said he wanted to take these plays, put them in a trash can, and burn them. My sentiments exactly.

#6 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

These threads are being repeated over and over.

I already hate you.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,399 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

fire the option! he sucks

#8 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Just like Smitty said, we need to burn those plays, and never go back to them.

#9 SwagManCam

SwagManCam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

The offense should be designed around whatever Cam is most comfortable with. If that is the option game then so be it. He can excel in any system. If they throw out all the option plays and start fresh with a more traditional system, you're just increasing Cam's workload at a time when the focus really needs to be on getting the rest of team to match Cam's effort. Cam has a busy life and shouldn't be bothered with learning new schemes every week. He has endorsements, appearances, fans, and a brand to market and maintain.

I fear the coaches will overwork him.

#10 FalconDoucheBag

FalconDoucheBag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

If "Young" Cameron was able to learn a playbook larger than the size of a children's picture book don't you think he would have by now?

#11 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

The offense should be designed around whatever Cam is most comfortable with. If that is the option game then so be it. He can excel in any system. If they throw out all the option plays and start fresh with a more traditional system, you're just increasing Cam's workload at a time when the focus really needs to be on getting the rest of team to match Cam's effort. Cam has a busy life and shouldn't be bothered with learning new schemes every week. He has endorsements, appearances, fans, and a brand to market and maintain.

I fear the coaches will overwork him.

He needs to stop all this other stuff, and focus on being a QB. Now I've seen Cam improve amazingly, and even though he threw a couple of ints against the Bucs, I still saw his improvement from last season. Yet if it is going to take 9 years for this guy to become a full QB, we need to trade him right now. I mean Vick is still trying to learn how to be a QB.

Come on Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.