Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton....The New Delhomme?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Granted Newton's athleticism is 100% better than Delhomme ever was...but will he be like Jake? Jake was known to be a QB who was hot when he's hot...and cold when he's cold....also you remember people saying "which Jake will show up tonight?". Is that gonna be said with Cam now? When Cam is hot he is hot..just like Jake....now we are wondering....which Cam will show up tonight? Something happened to Cam over the off-season...and I believe certain coaches are involved...even the games we lost last year he was explosive....D was too terrible to pick up the other half...how many points were we scoring a game..last year no matter the outcome...let the guy play his game coach!!!!!! Now you may tear me apart but I don't want to go back to that again....

2 people like this

Posted

we've officially seen every thread possible since the end of the game

1 person likes this

Posted

#1 Kordell Brooks

Posted

Nuke the forum

Posted

known to be a QB who was hot when he's hot...and cold when he's cold

this is brilliance

Posted

I don't know about that, but it is clear that Cam will never reach his potential if we don't drastically improve our coaching.

Posted

Jake pre and post Tommy John were 2 different players....pre surgery he was a decent QB. Jake was an all around calculated gambler though.

Newton? From a skill stand point is leaps and bounds better. INTs? Newton gets into games where the team doesn't show up....he reaches moments where he knows he has no choice but to make very risky throws....punting and playing football are thrown out the window. Team says essentially tells Cam he has to make a play or that's it.....they put him in a bad spot and bad things normaly occur.

So no, I don't think there is any comparison.

Posted

Jake took us to the Super Bowl so.....hopefully?

Posted

Neg rep

Posted

Jake pre and post Tommy John were 2 different players....pre surgery he was a decent QB. Jake was an all around calculated gambler though.

Newton? From a skill stand point is leaps and bounds better. INTs? Newton gets into games where the team doesn't show up....he reaches moments where he knows he has no choice but to make very risky throws....punting and playing football are thrown out the window. Team says essentially tells Cam he has to make a play or that's it.....they put him in a bad spot and bad things normaly occur.

So no, I don't think there is any comparison.

Yep, the team has let cam down at every turn. Getting drafted #1 was the worst thing to ever happen to him.

Posted

It was one game, one game against one of the best teams in the NFL. Are you seriously gonna make these comparisons now 3 games into the year? Cam is an elite QB but every QB has a bad game every now and then no matter who they are. People need to realize what we saw yesterday was a team loss it wasn't all Cam.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ohhhhh Kuuuuuuuurrrrrrrbbbb!!!!