Photo
- - - - -

Newton....The New Delhomme?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#46 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

I loved Jake. The guy was damn good before his arm fell apart. People tend to forget that.

Cam has 10x the talent that Jake ever had. If Cam can develop Jake's leadership and never say die attitude, he'll be enshrined in Canton one day.

#47 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

welp... this thread is certainly Posted Image

#48 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Cam is an elite QB, he broke many rookie QB records in his first season and took the league by storm. He has set the bar very high and anything short of that and people are going to complain. Some NFL players come in and are instantly a force that changes the way the game is played, (which makes them elite) experience just makes them better.

Nope, that doesn't make him elite....makes him a great rookie with potential to be something the league has never seen.

Cam wasn't elite last year....was a wildly talented rookie.

Cam is definitely a force and problem for teams now....a HUGE offensive weapon.

But he isn't elite, he has to put in time for that. Too many things he doesn't know yet. With his skill set....if he becomes elite....poor coaching wouldn't stop him. Not sure anything could.

But we treat him like he is elite...the way we judge him, what we expect of him. Chud also treats him like that...going back to last year with his game plans

#49 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

It was one game, one game against one of the best teams in the NFL. Are you seriously gonna make these comparisons now 3 games into the year? Cam is an elite QB but every QB has a bad game every now and then no matter who they are. People need to realize what we saw yesterday was a team loss it wasn't all Cam.

Now see what you've done? Started a whole new argument within a thread...

Sports fans and sports talk radio are still arguing whether or not Eli Manning is an elite QB, and he's won 2 Super Bowls and named the MVP in both, and you're calling Cam Newton elite?

#50 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Granted Newton's athleticism is 100% better than Delhomme ever was...but will he be like Jake? Jake was known to be a QB who was hot when he's hot...and cold when he's cold....also you remember people saying "which Jake will show up tonight?". Is that gonna be said with Cam now? When Cam is hot he is hot..just like Jake....now we are wondering....which Cam will show up tonight? Something happened to Cam over the off-season...and I believe certain coaches are involved...even the games we lost last year he was explosive....D was too terrible to pick up the other half...how many points were we scoring a game..last year no matter the outcome...let the guy play his game coach!!!!!! Now you may tear me apart but I don't want to go back to that again....

IMO, I believe this team as a whole plays very hot and cold and I was afraid of that.

The defense on Thursday had Eli throwing to practically any of his receivers and they were getting yardages. The offense couldn't move the ball and wasn't getting open much for Cam. Which then forces him to thread the ball and run the risk of getting picked off. That's not good. This team needs to be WAY more flexible with their game. It seems they are willing to stick to the same script for way to long and then put the pressure on the QB to make plays with his arm which then brings on the Ints.

Cam seems to be the kind of player who takes it unto to himself to lead. That sometimes means he puts way to much pressure on himself and can gets easily flustered during games Especially in games where the team is expected to or hyped to win. This is when this team needs to step in more and help Cam.

IMO, it's the Vets job to help Cam along. But sadly, judging by Steve's behavior towards Cam, it seems the vets on this team aren't that much more maturer than the youths.

#51 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Don't be ridiculous.

#52 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

Wow you just don't quit do you little troll...I said Panther football...try and read next time...lol!!!! You wastin my time...please don't try ...I will own you....little boy....

Wow this guy just PMed me to tell me to stop 'insulting him'. He either has to be very mentally unstable, or he/she is much younger than 18.

Do you know how dumb you sound trying to challenge someone to Panthers trivia online? Even though I already know everything I need to know, if I had any trouble with a question I could look it up.

I think you might have just surpassed Carolina Chuck as THE dumbest poster on this forum. Congrats!

#53 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

I'm starting to lose all hope for the panthers fan base thanks in part to this thread,

#54 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

These threads after a loss sure do spiral out of control quickly.