This Coaching Staff is Babying Newton

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#11 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

I will say this, Peyton was thrown in day one, handling the full pro offensive style. He threw 28 ints, still a rookie record. Because of the staff letting Peyton run that offense, he has now gone on to have a HOF career. We should take this page out of Peyton's book.

#12 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationConcord, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

ok. for all the towel on the head people. HE WEARS IT OVER HIS HEAD WHEN WE ARE WINNING ALSO!!!!! did you guys forget why he said he does it? for this to be a board mostly of men, some you guys are really bent on the emotional stuff!!! ( a towel on the head, coach not yelling at players, like that will make a difference)

#13 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationConcord, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

if the OL isn't doing it's job well, the last place cam needs to be is under center.

dude needs to be running most everything out of the shotgun or pistol.

doesnt aaron rodgers operate mostly out of the shotgun?

#14 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

if the OL isn't doing it's job well, the last place cam needs to be is under center.

dude needs to be running most everything out of the shotgun or pistol.

Yet the best play action fakes are done by QBs who are under center. With that said, I don't have a problem with shotgun snaps, it's the option plays and fakes that drive me batty. (Especially option fakes where we throw the ball. That is definitely the worst play in football)

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

I will say this, Peyton was thrown in day one, handling the full pro offensive style. He threw 28 ints, still a rookie record. Because of the staff letting Peyton run that offense, he has now gone on to have a HOF career. We should take this page out of Peyton's book.

Cam is a totally different athlete than Peyton, damn you're so damn dumb.

#16 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

On a weekly basis they put Cam in the position where he has to make ridiculous plays if we want to have a chance to win. 3rd and longs where we absolutely need a big play to get back in it... meanwhile the pass protection is terrible and the receivers can't get open and the RBs run into defenders and fall down. He is the least babied player in the league.

#17 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

I don't think they're babying Newton as much as themselves. I'm getting the feeling that the schemes we're seeing on offense are things they worked on in pre season & they had success with but with everything going full speed now, Cam simply doesn't have the experience or knowledge of the system to make it work & for some reason they don't want to back off of it.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

doesnt aaron rodgers operate mostly out of the shotgun?

most of the top QBs in the league are in the shotgun at least half of the time and it's been a growing trend for several years.

#19 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Cam is a totally different athlete than Peyton, damn you're so damn dumb.

You think Peyton was an offensive coordinator from day one? No, he got that way because of the many mistakes he made in his first couple of years. You think Eli dissected defenses from the moment he wore a Giants jersey? No, it took years of being intercepted and sacked, before he got to this point. Cam is more gifted than both these cats, yet he is partly focused on running the ball with his ability, whether than putting all the focus on reading defenses and dissecting them. These college options are only hindering him, making him comfortable. The great players don't stay in comfort zones.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

They are not babying the guy. Oh and I love the Vick reference. Never seen that before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users