• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

If Newton is used as a run as a last option QB.....you simply aren't going to maximize his potential in this league.

Newton is a physical mismatch the likes of which this league has NEVER seen.....and gameplanning for that doesn't change that fact. Not using it to your advantage is silly.

Nothing supports ant weak comparison to Vick

My comparison with Vick is that for the longest, he depended on his running ability just as much as he depended on his ability to throw. In essence, his interest were divided. It's like this, he doesn't have to dissect defenses like an elite QB has to, he's a threat to run the ball. So Vick never learns how to diagnose defenses, and that is still evident today in some ways. Will Cam be like this? I fear he might because of this system we are running.

#32 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

basically quit being a spoiled brat Camron and sit your butt in the pocket and pass...and review those pics on jimmy's clipboard!

#33 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

My comparison with Vick is that for the longest, he depended on his running ability just as much as he depended on his ability to throw. In essence, his interest were divided. It's like this, he doesn't have to dissect defenses like an elite QB has to, he's a threat to run the ball. So Vick never learns how to diagnose defenses, and that is still evident today in some ways. Will Cam be like this? I fear he might because of this system we are running.

And Cam broke the rookie passing record as a rookie and has a habit of staying in the pocket too long unless it is a CALLED run.....

So I still fail to see a Vick comparison. Cam shows no habit of fleeing a pocket early and using his legs as a crutch

#34 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

To me the read option should be one weapon. Not our entire offense. Cam should learn to be under center and make adjustments at the line of scrimmage. He should be a full blown, real NFL QB. Not a gimmick. I love what he can do from the spread but he needs to do it all.

#35 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

I agree totally with OP. For starters the offensive game plan last year (especially the beginning) and this year are 3 shades different. It's almost as if the coaching staff totally went back to the drawing board. It almost feels like Cam does not approve of this offensive as well. For gods sake body language is a huge tell and he knows the world's watching. Almost feels like they aren't allowing him to speak his mind. If this is true than they are babying him. That's what you do with a child, you try and control everything about them and don't allow their opinions to be considered.

The fact that we have no short dump off game is ridiculous. Cam threw it away twice on Thursday instead of looking for the screen vs the Giants. Alex Smith's bread and butter is what this team is refusing to do. It is so frustrating how bad this coaching staff is.

#36 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

To me the read option should be one weapon. Not our entire offense. Cam should learn to be under center and make adjustments at the line of scrimmage. He should be a full blown, real NFL QB. Not a gimmick. I love what he can do from the spread but he needs to do it all.

It's not a gimmick....

If we are going to run it....we need the talent. Backup RBs should be geared and suited for it. Need north and south runners to do it in the NFL that are good with contact.

we either run it or we don't.

#37 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Cam would actually be better off running more or doing checkdowns. He waits too long and wants to force the ball deep, which leads to INTs or Sacks.

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

It's not a gimmick....

If we are going to run it....we need the talent. Backup RBs should be geared and suited for it. Need north and south runners to do it in the NFL that are good with contact.

we either run it or we don't.

I say we don't, and not because of it's success rate or lack there of, but because Cam took a beating from the Giants, and other teams may continue this formula.

Hit Cam at all cost, I don't care if he hands it off/pitch it every time, hit that kid in the mouth.

That's the formula I believe teams will take going forward when dealing with the read option, and I don't care how big Cam is, those hits will start to take it's toll, and there's no owner in the world, that's going to sit back, and allow his franchise to continue to take those big shots.

#39 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

They been babying him last year .
Let him do everything.
Never told him to quit with the towel over the head. Never try to get him to look over plays at the sideline. That's why when he goes over to a press conference with the creepy eyes thingy, this place goes crazy.

I only read your posts just as a challenge to decipher what in the hell it Is you are trying to say. Did you reach the 5th grade?

#40 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I want this offense to start running more pro style...I formation and pound the ball...traditional passing plays not these stupid shotgun play action every passing play...they played better when they were dropping back and slinging it

#41 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I want this offense to start running more pro style...I formation and pound the ball...traditional passing plays not these stupid shotgun play action every passing play...they played better when they were dropping back and slinging it

We cannot run under-center play-action with this offensive line, are you oblivious?

#42 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Everyone on that damn line was getting beat last night. EVERYONE.

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

We cannot run under-center play-action with this offensive line, are you oblivious?

I don't agree with this, especially if we get the power running game going.

#44 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Does Chud not think that Cam can run a pro style offense? Does he really think that the talent we have can't be used in the traditional way? I like how we're throwing in some options, but it's getting ridiculous that we're abandoning the pro offense completely. Who are we to say that the I-formation isn't effective? That's one hell of a claim. I think Chud has let this "wizard" reputation of his get to his head. Where exactly does Chud get this notion that we can call college plays 100% of the time? Does Chud have a problem respecting the defense talent in this league? He seems to think defenses are slower in speed and reactions than they really are. It's sad that he thinks we can rely on plays that take 3 seconds to develop, especially when we don't have a lead. Chud really needs to quit his poo.

#45 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Doesnt need to be play action...I just don't like being in the shotgun every single play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.