Photo
- - - - -

Dilemma in my household

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 chucktownpanther

chucktownpanther

College football is king

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

So my dad and I are HUGE 'canes fans and we would love to get up to raleigh for a game but there's a little disagreement on what to do. He wants to try and get up there for Game 6, but I want to hold off and see if they make it to the SCF. Seeing as we live in Charleston we can't go to both rounds because of the expense, so I am asking for advice. Should I gamble or play it safe?

#2 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

So my dad and I are HUGE 'canes fans and we would love to get up to raleigh for a game but there's a little disagreement on what to do. He wants to try and get up there for Game 6, but I want to hold off and see if they make it to the SCF. Seeing as we live in Charleston we can't go to both rounds because of the expense, so I am asking for advice. Should I gamble or play it safe?

Gamble...I went to Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals in '06. Even though we lost, it was THE most electric atmosphere I've ever witnessed at a sporting event. Not saying conference finals wouldn't be sick, but Stanley Cup is a WHOLE different level.

#3 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'd play the gamble with this team and wait it out till the finals.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

It technically won't be a gamble because the Canes are going to win the ECF'S and you WILL get to see the Canes in the SCF'S!!! Wait it out and go to the SCF'S that's what I am doing.

#5 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

you could wait and see how the first couple of games go, then make a better decision. but then again, tickets may be harder and more expensive to get. IMO

#6 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

It's not gonna be cheap either way you slice it. Just try to make it up there... it's so much fun.

I got to see Jussi Jokinen's goal with .2 seconds left against NJ.:cool: Oooh say can Ju ssi?

#7 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

If this one goes six games, go to Game 6. Start working overtime and selling stuff on eBay to help pay for Stanley Cup game, too. Never pass up such an opportunity.

I am kicking myself for oversleeping back on Friday morning and missing out on a shot at tix for game 2 in Pittsburgh this Thursday. I will just cry about it if we end up winning that one.

#8 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:46 AM

It's not gonna be cheap either way you slice it. Just try to make it up there... it's so much fun.

I got to see Jussi Jokinen's goal with .2 seconds left against NJ.:cool: Oooh say can Ju ssi?

I LOL'D@that

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,959 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

you could wait and see how the first couple of games go, then make a better decision. but then again, tickets may be harder and more expensive to get. IMO

Would not wait long. Only thing avail through TicketMaster for Game 3 is $190 Standing Room Only tix.

Game 6 still has some tickets, but they will go quick if we take at least 1 game in Pitt.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com