Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtheronx

the sky is not falling .. what an ATL loss this week means

61 posts in this topic

ummm...do you not remember what you posted 20 some odd minutes ago in this very same thread?

Yes I'm quite clear on what I posted, and I do think our chances are slim (note the key word "much" in my post). However when I see post like "we're going to get a$$ raped".....well I'm sure the Vikings were thinking the same thing before todays game vs the Niners.

The Vikings aren't having players throw Ponder under the bus in the media.

The Vikings also have shown thus far that their coach is a bit more adept at his job than ours. Sad but true.

We have to earn every game, every year. The problem is our fanbase has grown to accept mediocrity, and we find ourselves in John Fox's shadow yet again.

As fans, we'd obviously love to go undefeated and win the Superbowl every year. But, no, that's not realistic. That being said, being 1-2 at this point shouldn't have been realistic either. It's completely reasonable that if we played up to our potential that we should be 2-1 or 3-0. And we shouldn't have been blown out in any circumstance.

I'm just going off of what we've seen. I expected much more, but our team is not looking very good or even solid right now. As I said, I hope we see a much different team and I'm wrong, but we've seen this movie before. I hope this is the year it changes, but I can't allow myself to believe it until we show it on the field (for my own sanity).

Really? Were were blown out last year so what makes this year any different? You dont become exceptionally better in one year. Who would have ever though we would have top the saints with all there players... You complain about how we should be so much better but have no faith in the players that you say are so good. If we win you expect it and if we lose you go Emo. Might want to come out of the dark an realize the truth is in the middle of that. If you cant then life in general will be very hard for you.

The Vikings aren't having players throw Ponder under the bus in the media.

The Vikings also have shown thus far that their coach is a bit more adept at his job than ours. Sad but true.

What about this concept.....some teams just game plan, get things right "on any given sunday' and otherwise match up well against a particular opponent. The Falcons will be favored, and rightly so. It's cliche: But that's why they play the games. I'm not writing us off. Which was my original point.

Really? Were were blown out last year so what makes this year any different? You dont become exceptionally better in one year. Who would have ever though we would have top the saints with all there players... You complain about how we should be so much better but have no faith in the players that you say are so good. If we win you expect it and if we lose you go Emo. Might want to come out of the dark an realize the truth is in the middle of that. If you cant then life in general will be very hard for you.

I'm already in the middle. I just express my frustration when we don't play up to our potential.

The Chiefs just beat the Saints. So, I'm not tooting our horn over that win. It's clear that they're a different team without Payton at the helm. I'm proud we won, but it's nothing to brag about at this point.

And no, I don't expect to win every game, I wish we could, but it's unrealistic. What I DO expect is for us to be competitive every game.

I DO have faith in our players as well. What I don't have is faith in our coaching staff, because they haven't shown the ability to prepare our players or properly scheme and adjust for and to opponents.

Like I said, my outlook will change a great deal if Rivera and co. show something different. If he beats ATL, that's a signature win considering what we just came out of. But, he can't go Foxy style and rest on that, he's gotta keep going. And it's hard for me to see him doing that because he hasn't yet, not even close. Us beating ATL would be the equivalent of what Minny did today.

Honestly, we are going to get raped. Atlanta is looking a million times better than they ever have. Their defense is great and Matt Ryan is in the lead for MVP candidate this year.

It'll make the Giants game look good.

1 person likes this

Honestly, we are going to get raped. Atlanta is looking a million times better than they ever have. Their defense is great and Matt Ryan is in the lead for MVP candidate this year.

It'll make the Giants game look good.

You also have the winning numbers for the upcoming powerball? ;)

You also have the winning numbers for the upcoming powerball? ;)

I have the Megamillions numbers if that makes any difference to you