• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Anything can happen in a divisional game...I wouldn't be so quick to say that the game is already decided, and I'm a falcons fan. That being said my Falcons have looked phenomenal so far this year, and I know the Panthers have looked inconsistent thus far this year. It will be fun to check in throughout the week and leading up to our game next week. Cheers

Appreciate your post! Obviously, I would love to crush you guys with all due respect, lol. But, you guys have looked like a runaway train, so at the least, I'm hoping to make it competitive - which would be a step up from last year.

#47 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Snake, I'd put my passion and love for this team on the line with any other fan. But, I'm just trying to be realistic. We have little to no chemistry as a team right now. We have dissension between our QB and best WR and now between other players and the Smitty as well as a result of his public actions.

Our defense is a living, breathing sieve. Our OL can't block, they're penalty-prone.

And ATL is destroying everyone. They made Peyton Manning and Rivers look like garbage in consecutive weeks.

Might as well not play the game huh? How about forget about last week and focus on this week cause we have 13 more games to play. No real fan expected us to win all our games in the first QT. ATL has been good but they have played teams that were not any better than we are. Understand that and understand its way too early to hit the panic button even if we lose. This year we will have to earn every game we win.

#48 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Some of you pu$$ies are worse than the French Army. Seven days to go and waving the white flag!

Dear Mr. Blank,
On behalf of our "limp-d*ck" fan base, we would like to concede next weeks game. Due to the fact that we were beaten by a superior team September 20, 2012. Our fans belive that the fugging Mayan calendar predicted this, and therefore should all ingest anti-freeze, slit our wrist and move the franchise to Douchebagastan. So on September 30. 2012 when the Atlanta Falcons take the field for warm-ups. you will note that the visiting locker room is empty. Congradulations on winning the NFC South, the NFC Conference Championship, The Lombardi Trophey, and the fugging Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

Signed
Front Office Carolina Panthers
(Soon To Be The Kabul Kanip-Kanaps)

The funny thing is, that letter would be just as relevant as us discussing our team on this board.

It's not.

We as fans don't have any effect on the games whatsoever. In the stadium, yes. Here? No.

If we did have an effect on the front office, staff, or players, we wouldn't be 1-2 right now.

#49 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Some of you pu$$ies are worse than the French Army. Seven days to go and waving the white flag!

ummm...do you not remember what you posted 20 some odd minutes ago in this very same thread?

No, we don't have much of a chance. But tell me... what the hell has Rivers done lately anyway. Open Websters to "overated" and you have Rivers picture there.

#50 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Might as well not play the game huh? How about forget about last week and focus on this week cause we have 13 more games to play. No real fan expected us to win all our games in the first QT. ATL has been good but they have played teams that were not any better than we are. Understand that and understand its way too early to hit the panic button even if we lose. This year we will have to earn every game we win.

We have to earn every game, every year. The problem is our fanbase has grown to accept mediocrity, and we find ourselves in John Fox's shadow yet again.

As fans, we'd obviously love to go undefeated and win the Superbowl every year. But, no, that's not realistic. That being said, being 1-2 at this point shouldn't have been realistic either. It's completely reasonable that if we played up to our potential that we should be 2-1 or 3-0. And we shouldn't have been blown out in any circumstance.

I'm just going off of what we've seen. I expected much more, but our team is not looking very good or even solid right now. As I said, I hope we see a much different team and I'm wrong, but we've seen this movie before. I hope this is the year it changes, but I can't allow myself to believe it until we show it on the field (for my own sanity).

#51 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

ummm...do you not remember what you posted 20 some odd minutes ago in this very same thread?

Yes I'm quite clear on what I posted, and I do think our chances are slim (note the key word "much" in my post). However when I see post like "we're going to get a$$ raped".....well I'm sure the Vikings were thinking the same thing before todays game vs the Niners.

#52 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

The Vikings aren't having players throw Ponder under the bus in the media.

The Vikings also have shown thus far that their coach is a bit more adept at his job than ours. Sad but true.

#53 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,517 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Didn't lose

#54 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

We have to earn every game, every year. The problem is our fanbase has grown to accept mediocrity, and we find ourselves in John Fox's shadow yet again.

As fans, we'd obviously love to go undefeated and win the Superbowl every year. But, no, that's not realistic. That being said, being 1-2 at this point shouldn't have been realistic either. It's completely reasonable that if we played up to our potential that we should be 2-1 or 3-0. And we shouldn't have been blown out in any circumstance.

I'm just going off of what we've seen. I expected much more, but our team is not looking very good or even solid right now. As I said, I hope we see a much different team and I'm wrong, but we've seen this movie before. I hope this is the year it changes, but I can't allow myself to believe it until we show it on the field (for my own sanity).

Really? Were were blown out last year so what makes this year any different? You dont become exceptionally better in one year. Who would have ever though we would have top the saints with all there players... You complain about how we should be so much better but have no faith in the players that you say are so good. If we win you expect it and if we lose you go Emo. Might want to come out of the dark an realize the truth is in the middle of that. If you cant then life in general will be very hard for you.

#55 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

The Vikings aren't having players throw Ponder under the bus in the media.

The Vikings also have shown thus far that their coach is a bit more adept at his job than ours. Sad but true.

What about this concept.....some teams just game plan, get things right "on any given sunday' and otherwise match up well against a particular opponent. The Falcons will be favored, and rightly so. It's cliche: But that's why they play the games. I'm not writing us off. Which was my original point.

#56 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Really? Were were blown out last year so what makes this year any different? You dont become exceptionally better in one year. Who would have ever though we would have top the saints with all there players... You complain about how we should be so much better but have no faith in the players that you say are so good. If we win you expect it and if we lose you go Emo. Might want to come out of the dark an realize the truth is in the middle of that. If you cant then life in general will be very hard for you.

I'm already in the middle. I just express my frustration when we don't play up to our potential.

The Chiefs just beat the Saints. So, I'm not tooting our horn over that win. It's clear that they're a different team without Payton at the helm. I'm proud we won, but it's nothing to brag about at this point.

And no, I don't expect to win every game, I wish we could, but it's unrealistic. What I DO expect is for us to be competitive every game.

I DO have faith in our players as well. What I don't have is faith in our coaching staff, because they haven't shown the ability to prepare our players or properly scheme and adjust for and to opponents.

Like I said, my outlook will change a great deal if Rivera and co. show something different. If he beats ATL, that's a signature win considering what we just came out of. But, he can't go Foxy style and rest on that, he's gotta keep going. And it's hard for me to see him doing that because he hasn't yet, not even close. Us beating ATL would be the equivalent of what Minny did today.

#57 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Honestly, we are going to get raped. Atlanta is looking a million times better than they ever have. Their defense is great and Matt Ryan is in the lead for MVP candidate this year.

It'll make the Giants game look good.

#58 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Honestly, we are going to get raped. Atlanta is looking a million times better than they ever have. Their defense is great and Matt Ryan is in the lead for MVP candidate this year.

It'll make the Giants game look good.

You also have the winning numbers for the upcoming powerball? ;)

#59 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

jones/white versus our secondary

Posted Image

#60 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

You also have the winning numbers for the upcoming powerball? ;)

I have the Megamillions numbers if that makes any difference to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.