• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

If a punt is blocked, can the punter fall on the ball and get a fresh set of downs? I know if the returner muffs the kick the other team can recover and keep the ball. Would it be classified as a fumble? I see so many punter kick the ball out the endzone resulting in a safety. What sa ye huddle?

#2 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,209 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

If a punt is blocked, can the punter fall on the ball and get a fresh set of downs? I know if the returner muffs the kick the other team can recover and keep the ball. Would it be classified as a fumble? I see so many punter kick the ball out the endzone resulting in a safety. What sa ye huddle?

If the ball does not change possession by being picked up by a defensive player and then refumbled, then the offense cannot advance the ball on a punt.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I believe it them just become a turnover on downs.

#4 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Why does it matter? Our Coordinator probably tells Brad to ran away. Horrible ass blocking schemes he comes up with.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Depending when you choose to punt I think.
Saying if you punt on 1st down, fumbled and you recovers it, it should be 2nd down.

But when you punt on 4th, unless you recover the ball at a first down, it's turnover to the other team.

#6 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

All of the issues with ST and thats the question you ask?

#7 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

First of all, this thread isn't about our st's in general. I was just curious in case the situation took place. Imho its a legit question and all the douches who didn't understand what I was getting at can go fug yourselves. At least we still have some resonable posters on this forum. I'll just stick to lurking, because the intellect on this board has hit n all time low.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,632 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

He nailed that last post.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,729 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

If the ball does not change possession by being picked up by a defensive player and then refumbled, then the offense cannot advance the ball on a punt.

Yes it can, actually. As long as it's behind the line of scrimmage, a blocked punt can be recovered and advanced by either team. If it goes beyond the line of scrimmage, the kicking team can recover a loose ball that has been touched by the receiving team, but they can't advance it.

To answer a question in the OP, if the punter just falls on it, you don't get a fresh set of downs. It has to be recovered and advanced beyond the 1st down marker.

http://www.nfl.com/r...ksfromscrimmage

#10 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

A special teams question/request.

Would like to see especially after an Adams fumble on the next punt return, put edwards back there. Let Edwards catch it. Then toss across field to Adams who runs in for easy score.

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,632 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

TN did it today against the Danny Crossman led Detroit ST's, then had a kick return for a TD.

#12 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

First of all, this thread isn't about our st's in general. I was just curious in case the situation took place. Imho its a legit question and all the douches who didn't understand what I was getting at can go fug yourselves. At least we still have some resonable posters on this forum. I'll just stick to lurking, because the intellect on this board has hit n all time low.

People don't want you to have a different opinion around here. As soon as you do they make snarky personal attacks without offering solutions. It's a big poo show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com