Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackson113

How would you rate the coaching staff tus far......

How would you rate it?   83 votes

1. 1. How would you rate the coaching staff thus far....

• 1.....terrible
    • 5....meh
    • 10.....best ever
    • buttsex

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

I haven't been impressed at all, from day one, with McDermott. I expected a lot more from him combined with Rivera on defense. I accepted the excuse of injuries last year, but there is no excuse this year.

It's not that I don't like our coaching staff, it's more that I don't like they're game planning. I don't think or see where their game plan put us in the best position to win, in addition, we're not consistant on any side of the ball and that falls on the coaches.

Don't get me wrong, not everything falls on the coaches, players have to excute the plays. However, in the players defense, the plays aren't schemed correctly. We're simply getting outcoached in games.

Cam Newton is a good QB and even with the winning season last year, I believe that for the most part, he had fun. His demeanor is completley different this year, with him saying "I'll do whatever they want me to do", as if he's not happy with what they want him to do.

Our players are playing too laxed, not enough energy, just as our coaches seem to coach laxed and with not enough energy.

I love the Panthers, but I'm not happy. We have an entire new coaching staff and players are still making the same mistakes. We're still skipping of very good FA talent, and overlooking key positions...

I rate them 7 out of 19

tumblr_ma57k0fxQO1rqt5uy.jpg

I want to believe. I really do. It takes about 3 years before you can expect the team to get a good grasp on the schemes and philosophy. We are only in the beginning of year two in this regime, but the lack of fire, intensity, the need and desire to win from anyone on the field other than Cam and Smitty makes me feel like the coaches aren't inspiring them. It's like they're giving up already and it's hard to support that. Especially when you see teams with new staffs winning now. Teams that make strides in their first year. I think I'm going to keep my pitch forks and torches locked away for now. At least until after the 8th game. We have all the talent in the world. We just need to mesh and have the drive. 7/19 also

What, no pie? Someone teach these noobs how things work around here.

It's hard to say. I've seen this coming since Zod's report out of training camp that the players didn't seem excited and weren't putting up effort. It seems like the coaches have their schemes worked out and know what they want to do, but they don't know yet how to get it out of their personnel. If they figure it out, they'll be great. If not, then I guess not.

If Armanti can take a roster space while we wait for him to suddenly learn to play football, we can give the coaches a few years.

It's hard to say. I've seen this coming since Zod's report out of training camp that the players didn't seem excited and weren't putting up effort. It seems like the coaches have their schemes worked out and know what they want to do, but they don't know yet how to get it out of their personnel. If they figure it out, they'll be great. If not, then I guess not.

If Armanti can take a roster space while we wait for him to suddenly learn to play football, we can give the coaches a few years.

a few years?!

a few years?!

Uh... yes. Why would you not give a coach 3 years to develop a team?

I hate Ron Rivera's sideline presence. Just looks like a fan out there wearing a fancy headset that contributes nothing. Don't even get me started on Sean Mcd. I want Sean gone so bad I hope our D continues to suck so he will be forced out.

I wish we can get a proven, veteran coach. Anyone know if Herm Edwards, Cower, Gruden or Dungy want to coach again? Gruden and Edwards are sort of young, surely they have the itch to coach again. If so, I wish we could sign one of them.

Rated it a 3. They only don't get a 0, or worse, because in the Saints game they ran some decently imaginative plays, and we've won a game. It feels like we haven't won a game this season, but we still have. Even though it came against the 0-3 Saints, still a win. But for the most part, the coaching staff has been freaking terrible. McDermott doesn't want to play anything but extreme off-man or zone, and Chud thinks the option will work every time.