Photo
- - - - -

How would you rate the coaching staff tus far......

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: How would you rate it? (83 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the coaching staff thus far....

1. 1.....terrible (14 votes [16.87%])

Percentage of vote: 16.87%

2. 2 (9 votes [10.84%])

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

3. 3 (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

4. 4 (12 votes [14.46%])

Percentage of vote: 14.46%

5. 5....meh (12 votes [14.46%])

Percentage of vote: 14.46%

6. 6 (6 votes [7.23%])

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

7. 7 (5 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

8. 8 (1 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

9. 9 (1 votes [1.20%])

10. 10.....best ever (1 votes [1.20%])

11. Voted buttsex (7 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Given last year's injuries, it is still too early to give them a definitive grade. Force me to do so, and I'd go about a 5, but will reserve judgement for awhile.

Should we play very poorly against Atlanta (and I don't think we will) my questions will multiply. I'm not saying they have to come out with a win, but we do have to see progress and at least look competitive.

#17 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,352 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

So far its meh.(still early)

Game 1: We cam out unprepared and looked like we expected to beat the Bucs w/o actually going out and beating them. We made some good adjustments in the 2nd half defensively but offensively we struggled bar a couple of drives.

Game 2: Looked much more prepared and overall the team looked good but we know the Saints well so that's to be expected. We still missed too many tackles though.(50-50 between coaches and players)

Game 3: Looked unprepared and flat. Thoroughly out coached and made zero adjustments in game.

Tons of room for improvement and I'm not on the "Fire Rivera" bandwagon but if we keep coming out seemingly unprepared, I'll inch closer to joining. (on the fire Hurney bandwagon though ^_^ )

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Before Thursday = C+
Today = D

#19 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

I think after 2010 the huddle was in a anybody but Fox mentality but you have to ask the question, are we better off coach wise?

#20 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I rate them 7 out of 19

#21 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Buttsecks

#22 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Gave them a 6. If we dont finish the season above 8-8 or better then I rate them a 5.

If we miss the playoffs in 2013 I will rate then 1 or 2....

#23 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

I haven't seen improvement from last year. 2

#24 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,920 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

i'd rate then 1 for 3 so far

#25 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I haven't been impressed at all, from day one, with McDermott. I expected a lot more from him combined with Rivera on defense. I accepted the excuse of injuries last year, but there is no excuse this year.
It's not that I don't like our coaching staff, it's more that I don't like they're game planning. I don't think or see where their game plan put us in the best position to win, in addition, we're not consistant on any side of the ball and that falls on the coaches.
Don't get me wrong, not everything falls on the coaches, players have to excute the plays. However, in the players defense, the plays aren't schemed correctly. We're simply getting outcoached in games.
Cam Newton is a good QB and even with the winning season last year, I believe that for the most part, he had fun. His demeanor is completley different this year, with him saying "I'll do whatever they want me to do", as if he's not happy with what they want him to do.
Our players are playing too laxed, not enough energy, just as our coaches seem to coach laxed and with not enough energy.
I love the Panthers, but I'm not happy. We have an entire new coaching staff and players are still making the same mistakes. We're still skipping of very good FA talent, and overlooking key positions...

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

C average, 2.0 student

#27 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I rate them 7 out of 19

Posted Image
I want to believe. I really do. It takes about 3 years before you can expect the team to get a good grasp on the schemes and philosophy. We are only in the beginning of year two in this regime, but the lack of fire, intensity, the need and desire to win from anyone on the field other than Cam and Smitty makes me feel like the coaches aren't inspiring them. It's like they're giving up already and it's hard to support that. Especially when you see teams with new staffs winning now. Teams that make strides in their first year. I think I'm going to keep my pitch forks and torches locked away for now. At least until after the 8th game. We have all the talent in the world. We just need to mesh and have the drive. 7/19 also

#28 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,484 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

What, no pie? Someone teach these noobs how things work around here.

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,383 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's hard to say. I've seen this coming since Zod's report out of training camp that the players didn't seem excited and weren't putting up effort. It seems like the coaches have their schemes worked out and know what they want to do, but they don't know yet how to get it out of their personnel. If they figure it out, they'll be great. If not, then I guess not.

If Armanti can take a roster space while we wait for him to suddenly learn to play football, we can give the coaches a few years.

#30 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's hard to say. I've seen this coming since Zod's report out of training camp that the players didn't seem excited and weren't putting up effort. It seems like the coaches have their schemes worked out and know what they want to do, but they don't know yet how to get it out of their personnel. If they figure it out, they'll be great. If not, then I guess not.

If Armanti can take a roster space while we wait for him to suddenly learn to play football, we can give the coaches a few years.

a few years?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.