Photo
- - - - -

Is the Falcons game a "must win"for Panthers?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Bwood is the type of fan who thinks we'll always go 12-4 or 13-3. Then when we start losing, he doesn't show up on these message boards until the off-season.

What the fug are you talking about?

I can show you my pre-season record prediction. It was 10-6, and I still stand by that.

I've only been on this site for a year and I posted every sunday win or lose..

So yea, what the fug are you talking about lol?

#32 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,679 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Falcons have a better offense, a better defense, better special teams, and a better coaching staff. And they play very well at home.

So.... I'm thinking the Panthers win easily.

#33 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Falcons have a better offense, a better defense, better special teams, and a better coaching staff. And they play very well at home.

So.... I'm thinking the Panthers win easily.

fuging :dead;

#34 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Well at least we have some extra time to prepare, not that that has ever translated into a huge game for the Panthers under any coach...just look at our record coming off BYE weeks.

I don't think we can beat the Falcons with our current situation, but I'm not ready to just write it off either. i didn't think we had a chance vs the Saints and we stood strong. Atlanta is a much better team, but look: they are not going to win 16 games this year and probably will not go 6-0 in the division, so I think we have a window of opportunity. We are thinking about them while they are thinking about San Diego.

Who knows what will happen in that game, there could be injuries (not that I would EVER wish that on any player) or they could go into overtime. Hopefully they will have a hard fought game vs SD and feel the effects of West coast travel.

it isn't a must win (especially because it doesn't look like we are a playoff team) but it would certainly go a LONG way toward putting us in a good position within the division (at 2-1 with Wins vs the two best teams).

#35 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I never know which panthers team is going to show up. So I picked against them this week. I did agaisnt NO and we won.So I guess I need to pick agaisnt them all year.

#36 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Unless the coaching staff gets there act together its going to be another blowout.

#37 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Panthers are gonna get something like 15 or 16 and not cover.

I'll read about it.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Falcons scheme is a bad matchup for the D.....only way to neat them is to outscore them and that requires a D to make some stops. There scheme pretty much forces a D to defend a power run and passing attack most downs.

#39 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Not looking good at all the Falcons are looking organized this year. A loss here would indicate quite a bit to me, most importantley we are not able to compete in our division, but in the bigger picture the team is not moving forward. I have seen nothing indicating we are a better team than last year and that is unacceptable.

This is what I've been thinking the past few days.

#40 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

We can make a semi more accurate view of atl today when they play SD. Rivers is actually looking decent right now.

#41 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

early hindsight: the bux might be for real so that close loss in a game where Cam started flat and got better along with the defense in the 2nd half isn't so bad. the Saints just might be pressing a bit and Brees may be carrying too big of a chip on his shoulder. The Panthers are not very good at the beginning of games and when the offense tries to come back with a haymaker and whiffs, the game is likely gonna end badly for the Panthers.

Atlanta is consistent and talented which spells nothing good for the Panthers.

#42 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Falcons scheme is a bad matchup for the D.....only way to neat them is to outscore them and that requires a D to make some stops. There scheme pretty much forces a D to defend a power run and passing attack most downs.

If we keep playing cover one and soft zone coverage every offence is a poor match up. You will never hear a coach say a soft D is a good D.

#43 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,321 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

It will be a different ball game.

You guys are amazing. This Falcons team was spotted 21 points against Denver and still only won by a possesion.

Their run stop was not very impressisve in the last to games.

All we have to do is RUN the ball well and control the clock. For god sakes you people act like we are gonna play the Superbowl champs every week.

P.s. Who the *** are the the Falcons. What exactly have they done?

#44 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

It will be a different ball game.

You guys are amazing. This Falcons team was spotted 21 points against Denver and still only won by a possesion.

Their run stop was not very impressisve in the last to games.

All we have to do is RUN the ball well and control the clock. For god sakes you people act like we are gonna play the Superbowl champs every week.

P.s. Who the *** are the the Falcons. What exactly have they done?

Cant blame people for being weary when we have dropped two eggs in 3 games. People are looking for the excitement we had last year and its just not there this year. For whatever reason our offense has taken a step back and our defense still is terrible.

#45 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

It seems like we always lay an egg when were predicted to win and always show up when were predicted to be blown out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a close game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com