Photo
- - - - -

Giants game revisited. A few surprises emerge...

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

You're absolutely right!

Another thing I would like to point out is, Cam was right, the Giants did nothing special at all, scheme wise, to stop the Read Option, they just have the horses up front that could individually blow it up.

It truly did come down to execution, although I think Cam was overwhelmed with Osi's speed and JPP's power and range at times, hence his hesitation when reading them.

Those ends sold out on the run. There was room to pass but Chud hates short passes and Bell was sorely missed.

#47 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

bullshit- Smitty basically told Cam to grow the fook up and act like a man - nothing said about cams demeanor has been overblown

Smitty has no track record to talk. Guy made Clausen's life a living hell in 2010, acted like a big pussy on the bench, Smith is JUST now learning how to be a leader. Gross? Kalil? Yeah, they actually have the history of professionalism.

#48 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Smitty has no track record to talk. Guy made Clausen's life a living hell in 2010, acted like a big pussy on the bench, Smith is JUST now learning how to be a leader. Gross? Kalil? Yeah, they actually have the history of professionalism.

And Gross just called Smith out on it....yet everyone overlooks that.

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Those ends sold out on the run. There was room to pass but Chud hates short passes and Bell was sorely missed.

Bell wasn't sorely missed in reality. RT play wasn't an issue. JPP just got his hands up....outside that Gary had a solid game

#50 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Bell wasn't sorely missed in reality. RT play wasn't an issue. JPP just got his hands up....outside that Gary had a solid game

The reason he was able to get into the passing lane was because Williams did not turn him at all. He made Williams his bitch the whole game. Saying Williams has a solid game would be like saying we had a solid rushing attack that game.

#51 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

The reason he was able to get into the passing lane was because Williams did not turn him at all. He made Williams his bitch the whole game. Saying Williams has a solid game would be like saying we had a solid rushing attack that game.

I think the announcers over stated that.....it was JPP who is a freak of nature with a 57 ft wingspan. And 2 batted balls was all JPP could accomplish against Gary.

#52 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Rewatched the game myself... many more positive than I originally remembered... playcalling was atrocious.

#53 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,000 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

That pussy has done more for this Franchise than anybody else in the history of the Team.

In my 10th year in the Nfl with no ring, and a rebuilding team, and then Hurney and Co. trot in Jimmy to be the leader of said team, Id be a little pissed also.

#54 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

For those that rewatched the game, what was your impression on Godfrey and Gamble.

I recall on the first drive Godfrey being out of position and not making run stops. It also seem like Gamble was giving half effort on some plays especially when running to the ball.

Any input?

#55 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

I think the announcers over stated that.....it was JPP who is a freak of nature with a 57 ft wingspan. And 2 batted balls was all JPP could accomplish against Gary.

I didnt know the announcers stated that but its true non the less. They confused Williams all night, I could post many pics of williams blowing coverage but its just not worth it. He did a terrible job of blitz pickup and at one point blocked the the farthist man out. Thats pop warnner right there.

#56 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

That pussy has done more for this Franchise than anybody else in the history of the Team.

In my 10th year in the Nfl with no ring, and a rebuilding team, and then Hurney and Co. trot in Jimmy to be the leader of said team, Id be a little pissed also.

Just bc you are a badass at playing WR doesn't mean you are a badass at everything.

Did Gross not call Smitty out for what he did in Thur?

#57 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I didnt know the announcers stated that but its true non the less. They confused Williams all night, I could post many pics of williams blowing coverage but its just not worth it. He did a terrible job of blitz pickup and at one point blocked the the farthist man out. Thats pop warnner right there.

Well, Gary wasn't going to move him....they didn't comment about that. That wasnt the issue. Commented he could of pur more pressure on JPP and gotten his hands out of the play. I just think it is wanting Gary to do the impossible all game. No sacks, no hurried, no QB hits. JPP just made a play there.

Gary wasn't a problem. JPP has had much more success against much better T.

#58 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Towel on the head must also equal hoodie to some folks. Which I guess means Cam is a "thug" in their eyes. Maybe that is where all the screams of him being so immature for wearing a towel to relax is coming from. Amazing how some folks can sit and read so much inegativity into a young man's actions.SMDH.

They wonder why the Panthers are where they're at in the league.

What the fug is this poo? King Taharqas alt? Get the fug out of here with that bullshit. You are fuging ignorant dude.

#59 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

JPP is the best DE in the league, IMO, not double teaming him was stupid.

We played poorly, we have a week to go to get healthy, rested and better. The season is still young, no need to panic...yet.

#60 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Wanted to add my 2 cents....

The only time I saw Norman (or anyone) play press coverage on a Giants WR (1st quarter I believe, on Barton), Barton beat the jam and caught a slant pass for a first down. Does not matter much, but something I pointed out.

The lines were flat-out dominated all night. A few plays I noticed Garry Williams standing back and letting JPP stand there, ready to bat down a pass from Cam (the one I saw would have been intercepted had JPP not bat it down...the corner was making a break for the ball). In that situation, I thought Williams should have been aggressive instead of hanging back and letting JPP come to him. I wonder if that happened all night throughout the line? That would influence a great number of plays.

Cam was just erratic with his throws all night. They didn't look very crisp.

The good news is that these problems are fixable and it's early in the season. The bad news is I've yet to see this staff put forth an effort to fix these problems. It's still early and they have time, but it's time for the coaches to actually step in and do their jobs. It's up to them to mask our deficiencies with clever playcallling and put the players in position to make plays. It's the players' jobs to make those plays and get into position. That was missing all the way around all night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.