Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to defend Joe Adams

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm excited about Joe's potential, but with everyone else disappointed with Thrusday. I'm hoping he spends alot of time this week doing nothing but fielding kicks (even better if they can do it under pressure).

Posted

You have to earn your playing time. The guy has done nothing that Edwards hasn't done.....YET. With that said he doesn't deserve to be atop the depth chart and I'm almost certain he won't be starting next week or possibly even active to send a message to him and the team. Successful franchises don't play players because there "potential" and neither should the Panthers if they want to be relevant come December.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have to earn your playing time. The guy has done nothing that Edwards hasn't done.....YET. With that said he doesn't deserve to be atop the depth chart and I'm almost certain he won't be starting next week or possibly even active to send a message to him and the team. Successful franchises don't play players because there "potential" and neither should the Panthers if they want to be relevant come December.

Posted

I miss karl hankton

Posted

Lol I was born in 1996 I'm 16, I was born into being a Panthers fan :D

Wow, you weren't old enough to appreciate the Cardiac Cats of 2003. You missed this team at its best. They were fun to watch, and you could never count them out of a game... never.

2 people like this

Posted

mark Jones had GREAT blocking.....if only he had talent he would have had multiple TDs

Mark Jones had GREAT blocking.....if only he had speed, he would've had multiple TDs. I fixed it for you...

Posted

Just once I want to see Adams have a run like he did against TENN last year.

Problem is, most NFL STs will make at least one of those tackles that TENN missed and probably would be the one for a loss of yards

Posted

Probably bc we have zero defense......and if ST doesn't give Cam something it is a repeat of last year. we go out every week asking a young QB to beat everyone......which is a touch task when teams are actually complete teams Lin all 3 phases.

Offense has been worse than the defense this year.

Posted

Wow, you weren't old enough to appreciate the Cardiac Cats of 2003. You missed this team at its best. They were fun to watch, and you could never count them out of a game... never.

i watched every game that year and was weaping when we lost the super bowl. well maybe not every game, first one i watched was tampa and i just remember my parents dancing around the house was joy and i did too for the hell of it, few days later i was at the saints game and it was over after that. i fell in love. i got an early start to panther football

1 person likes this

Posted

Hes not a natural returner, Hes a college returner, hes running at defenders hoping to break a arm tackle or something, ive yet to see him try and do any sort of juking, it's all been straight ahead.

I'm not expecting much from this kid in the return game.

Posted

He is not going to succeed with how poor our blocking is. I think he could be pretty effective in the right system.

Posted

It'd be nice to pull things back a bit for him, drop him to just punts for a while. He's definitely explosive as a KR, but he's not a fluid player. He's all shake and bake. Problem is, Pilares is that fluid player who doesn't get the right blocking and so it's hard to tell if he can pick the hole and go, but Pilares is also less likely to make a mess for an 18-22 yard gain that's not worth the risk.

Adams is ALL "shake and bake" and has not shown any vision. I agree that Joe should return punts as elusiveness will serve him well, but keep him off the KO duties until he learns how to "hit the hole". Our biggest problem is coaching that can't see the obvious in every phase of the game.