• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just once I want to see Adams have a run like he did against TENN last year.

Problem is, most NFL STs will make at least one of those tackles that TENN missed and probably would be the one for a loss of yards

#32 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,432 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Probably bc we have zero defense......and if ST doesn't give Cam something it is a repeat of last year. we go out every week asking a young QB to beat everyone......which is a touch task when teams are actually complete teams Lin all 3 phases.

Offense has been worse than the defense this year.

#33 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Wow, you weren't old enough to appreciate the Cardiac Cats of 2003. You missed this team at its best. They were fun to watch, and you could never count them out of a game... never.

i watched every game that year and was weaping when we lost the super bowl. well maybe not every game, first one i watched was tampa and i just remember my parents dancing around the house was joy and i did too for the hell of it, few days later i was at the saints game and it was over after that. i fell in love. i got an early start to panther football

#34 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hes not a natural returner, Hes a college returner, hes running at defenders hoping to break a arm tackle or something, ive yet to see him try and do any sort of juking, it's all been straight ahead.

I'm not expecting much from this kid in the return game.

#35 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

He is not going to succeed with how poor our blocking is. I think he could be pretty effective in the right system.

#36 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

It'd be nice to pull things back a bit for him, drop him to just punts for a while. He's definitely explosive as a KR, but he's not a fluid player. He's all shake and bake. Problem is, Pilares is that fluid player who doesn't get the right blocking and so it's hard to tell if he can pick the hole and go, but Pilares is also less likely to make a mess for an 18-22 yard gain that's not worth the risk.

Adams is ALL "shake and bake" and has not shown any vision. I agree that Joe should return punts as elusiveness will serve him well, but keep him off the KO duties until he learns how to "hit the hole". Our biggest problem is coaching that can't see the obvious in every phase of the game.

#37 PantherBlue

PantherBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I like his explosiveness. Adams definetely has the moves and speed to alude people and make big plays. But he will have to focus and actually catch and hang on to the ball or he is absolutely not use for us. Might as well have Armanti in there returning.

Let's hope this is just a rookie thing that will be corrected... soon.

#38 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

The way he holds the ball worries me...

He holds it out there for someone to strip it away

#39 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

If you can't trust your blockers fumbles will happens as you must keep an eye on their incoming Thomas Davis and eventually the football.

#40 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

i like him on punt returns.

i'd rather kealoha do kicks though. adams gets too lateral and looks for the big play. kick returners just need to barrel towards the first hole they see. pilares is good at that. he had a couple good ones last season.

#41 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Do people forget smitty had like 5-6 fumbles when he returned kicks?

#42 NCBlu

NCBlu

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

He's a PR, I dont know why they have him doing KR but not telling him to get out of the PR mode.

On punts its all about making people miss, on kickoffs its all about seeing a hole and getting there fast as you can. Joe Adams is slowing down on kickoffs looking for the hole like a punt return but the way the players are coming down that works out for the other team.

#43 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

He is not going to succeed with how poor our blocking is. I think he could be pretty effective in the right system.

That's been the case the past couple of years. It appears that the return guy may not have been the problem. Hopefully, he can get the fumbles fixed, then move forward with making good returns.

#44 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Adams ain't worth crap. Put Armanti in to do punts. He didn't fumble any last year. At the rate Adams is going we will have 40 fumbles for loss this year. It's an important thing to have confidence in your punt returner. Adams is NOT the answer for sure. Edwards IS the answer.

#45 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Adams ain't worth crap. Put Armanti in to do punts. He didn't fumble any last year. At the rate Adams is going we will have 40 fumbles for loss this year. It's an important thing to have confidence in your punt returner. Adams is NOT the answer for sure. Edwards IS the answer.

Genius! Let's put Edwards in for Cam too! Genius! Edwards can then throw the touchdown pass to Edwards (himself) because Edwards will also be playing WR! Genius! Then put Edwards in to kick the PAT! Genius! Edwards NFL MVP! Genius! Genius! Genius!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.