• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

cam needs to grow a nutsack and stop being a little puss. plain and simple.

Why should Cam grow a nutsack when he wasn't doing anything. I guess you support bullying then because it seems your receiver is quite famous for do so and you folks want to see it as him teach others to grew a couple. Maybe Steve needs to grow a couple.

#62 cammycamjooce

cammycamjooce

NOT NEWB

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Why should Cam grow a nutsack when he wasn't doing anything. I guess you support bullying then because it seems your receiver is quite famous for do so and you folks want to see it as him teach others to grew a couple. Maybe Steve needs to grow a couple.

shut the fug up, cecil newton.

#63 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Is all this a euphemism for Cam's a spoiled pussi?

#64 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

I do have to laugh at the thought of a 5'10" (if that) receiver bullying a 6'5" to 6'6" 260 lb QB.

I think Cam can stand up for himself.

...and if doesn't, that's a bigger problem.

#65 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Smith had to take anger management classes. But I guess that you wouldn't know that because you weren't around here white knighting for newton back then.

LOL...Just because I wasn't on this site, doesn't mean I wasn't around. I am very much aware of your receiver's behavior issues. I follow Football. I don't have to be on a site to be aware of what's going on in the league.

My question is, why are you folks so cavaliar about his issues and happy when he projects them at every new QB you get? Is that some twisted form of innitiation on your part? You enjoy going through QBs as a way to show other teams that you're a strong team? I don't get it...Why does Cam need someone like Steve teaching him to be a man when he's yet to become one himself Being a father doesn't always make you a man.

I still believe Smitty got mad at Cam for other reasons and use the whole, I was mad at him about his image to appease the media because he's well aware of what they are saying about Cam.

#66 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I do have to laugh at the thought of a 5'10" (if that) receiver bullying a 6'5" to 6'6" 260 lb QB.

Issue remains, guys like Jordan Gross called Steve out for a reason.....just bc Cam needed something said doesn't mean any method is then correct. Smitty went through the media.....and THAT always shows someone who still doesn't know how to lead. Beason calling out Peppers that way also was Beason learning.....wrong way.

#67 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Does anyone else see the parallels between Cam Newton and Steamin WIllie Beamin from Any Given Sunday?

#68 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hmm....most bullies have inferiority complexes. They usually don't care about your size. Theysimply love to intimmedate their victims. They love to get into their victims heads by projecting their own issues unto them.

Also, Smitty does believe he's a bad ass. I saw how he went at that Gaints defensive guy. I seriously wondered out loud what was up with his temper.

#69 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Does anyone else see the parallels between Cam Newton and Steamin WIllie Beamin from Any Given Sunday?

No.

I see a fanbase and city that fails to see our franchise is following the blueprint of how to ruin a young and talented player....

#70 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

How do you know? In just this last game, we had Dwill refusing to let go of a read option hand off when Cam tried to pull it back and Smith jawing in his ear. It's very easy for people to make the argument that the team is starting to not trust Cam on the field. The reasons for that are two fold: a play standpoint and a leadership standpoint. When you make bad decisions with the football and aren't using good leadership skills to make up for it players begin to second guess you as a leader and will subsequently try to make things happen on their own.

Is it possible that this is all just circumstantial bullshit? Of course. Look I love Cam, and I know without a doubt that the major problems on this team, from a production standpoint, are not Cam's at all. However to ignore any issues that he might have, especially with leadership, is detrimental to his development and will provide problems in the long run. For Cam to have long term sustained success as an NFL QB he has to learn how to lead and the sooner he does the better.

Oh dear.

You realise that was a miscommunication, right? Williams didn't want to let go of the ball because he thought it'd be fumbled i.e. Newton took too long deciding on whether to give it to him or not, so Williams took it upon himself to carry the football.

#71 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Issue remains, guys like Jordan Gross called Steve out for a reason.....just bc Cam needed something said doesn't mean any method is then correct. Smitty went through the media.....and THAT always shows someone who still doesn't know how to lead. Beason calling out Peppers that way also was Beason learning.....wrong way.

So I quoted you and brought this up before, so I'll try again. When Beason called out Peppers he did so in an interview - before that interview there were no rumblings or rumors of Beason having an issue with Peppers play.

In Smith's case; he was overheard by the media yelling at Cam to get up and absorb the last few minutes of the game. He didn't blast that in some interview, or go on the radio to get that sentiment across - he was overheard on the sideline during the game by Brett Jensen. The damage had already been done. He was then asked directly about the comments and he responded honestly.

Now for him to have done it the proper way for you, what would you have had him done? Deny having said anything when asked, despite having already been quoted by the media. Claim that what Brett Jensen heard wasn't actually what he said?

I'm a little confused about what you wanted him to do to here.

#72 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

He has been acting really immature

#73 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,255 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Three douche posts in a row. Go for 4!!! Make a Sunday out of it

#74 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh dear.

You realise that was a miscommunication, right? Williams didn't want to let go of the ball because he thought it'd be fumbled i.e. Newton took too long deciding on whether to give it to him or not, so Williams took it upon himself to carry the football.

I said as much. It very well could have just been miscommunication, hence the "circumstantial bullshit". It very well could have been that Williams, after having it happen a few times earlier in the game, was tired of Cam pulling the ball back and getting stuffed for a loss, so he decided to try to make a play for himself. The reality is that we don't know.

#75 jessica

jessica

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

ITA This was my problem with the entire thing. If you want to say something to him pull him aside and do it. If you feel that you just had to do it on the sideline when the press ask you about it just say no comment. Once the press smells blood they will be all over that team and all over Cam and that helps no one. IMO a leader always does what is best for the team, airing your dirty laundry in the press is never best for the team. Also it only causes tension between you and the person that you claim you are trying to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com