Photo
- - - - -

Please stop saying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#49 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hurney being anti Free Agent is hurting this franchise greatly.

I dont even believe Hurney is anti free agent - its just that hes spent JR s money like a drunk sailor on a handful of sketchy players and doesnt have any left over to bring in real talent.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Carolina-chuck thinks we have a better team than almost every other team in the NFL, it's ridiculous and can't be taken seriously.

Do I know you bc youre acting like you now me pretty well.

I never said and do not think we're better than every other teams. You're probably one of those homers who during the preseason thinking that we were going to go down to Tampa and blow them out easily. I sure didn't and spoke my mind about it.

Getting back to topic, from looking at us, Denver and 49ers last year when the new coaches came in, I'd have to say we probably had the best group of core guys for a rookie coach to come in and be successful. Well if you kept up with the NFL and knew something about all three teams. Now, it's easy for guys like you to judge that we're not better than they are bc both of them went to the playoffs last year and added more pieces to their teams this year.

#51 NCBlu

NCBlu

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

This team has talent, anyone who says they dont is getting to caught up in the W-L count. The Off has lots of talent, but coaching goes along way to putting that talent in the right spots to win. The D has talent in spots but the scheme has a lot to do with what you see on the feild.

Every team game plans each week some people are better at game planings and watching film to know what the other team is going to do.

Im so tired of seeing people get down on D-Will like its his fault that the team resigned him then started going shotgun every play and not playing to his talents.

#52 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Not talk offense....we were taking defensive talent.

You think Carolina has better talent on the DL and secondary than AZ. We don't.

I was talking team overall in the beginning but if you wanna base on one certain side of the ball, sure. So it'll be easy for you to point your thoughts and reasons.

Sure we're just as good as Arizona on the D. If you have watched them this year you would knoe that it's their "lbs"that are getting that D to play so well.

We have one true star on the Dline in CJ. Arizona also has only one in Dockett. Campbell is slightly better than Hardy but I wouldnt say he's a reach above Hardy. In the secondary, they have also only one in Wilson. Rhodes and Godfrey are comparable. Nothing great, nothing bad. Patrick Peterson played better this year but he's no shutdown CB yet. For us, our only real star back there is Gamble. I'd say it's pretty safe to say we can be compare to Arizona. But something we can't be compare to, physicality and good coaching. Something we lack.

#53 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Apparently we have some talent. For example, while you can argue about who/where/when they tackled, two of our rookies (Norman and Kuechly) lead the entire NFL in tackles (for rookies) right now. It's a bright spot anyway.

#54 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

No doubt this team has talent...

Many of the arguments being made about this team could have been said about the 49ers in 2010. Other than Gore and Willis, they were a team devoid of talent, but plenty of potential. It just took the right coach to put it all together.

#55 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think that many of you put too much value in the skill positions when it comes to talent.

Also I think that many of you think that DWill is a running back that is as good as his paycheck says that he is.

I also think that many of you are overvalueing Cam on the talent front. Yes he has more "talent" than most out there, but you have to know how to use that talent to really help a team day in and day out. It will come, but the NFL is awfully tough on young QB's. They will have just as many great days as they do bad one's....for a while.

This league still chews up and spits out proven super bowl calibre QB's every weekend.

We put a lot of eggs in Newtons basket, we are going to get some broken ones.

#56 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

We have one good player. Medlock. That is all.

#57 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

the offense has talent...the o-line has definitely taken a step back this year but as a whole we do have talent on that side of the ball...as for the defense, the defensive line and secondary severely lack talent...if you can't see that then i'm sry but it's the truth...johnson is good, not great...he's not a dominant player...the rest of the line is just a bunch of guys...not a single one of them would start for another team...same can be said for the secondary...gamble is good but he is not a shutdown corner...he gives up some easy catches from time to time and he is an awful tackler...the rest of the secondary are just a bunch of guys...munnerlyn and norman would be 4th and 5th options at corner on other teams...godfrey and nakamura flat out can't tackle and are suspect in coverage...the fact that nakamura is starting is a joke...there is not one good thing he does

#58 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

We have one good player. Medlock. That is all.

Yea right

#59 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

No doubt this team has talent...

Many of the arguments being made about this team could have been said about the 49ers in 2010. Other than Gore and Willis, they were a team devoid of talent, but plenty of potential. It just took the right coach to put it all together.

Exactly. We don't have the right coaches to get this team where it should be. People get too caught up in the players and not the coaches. The coach is the most important thing to a team beside a franchise QB.

Arizona has a better coaching staffs than us. If anyone said beginning of the season that the Cardinals were going to be 3-0, beat the Hawks, Pats and Eagles I'd would've laughed and poo my pants off. They found ways to still win under two average QB. That's incredibly amazing.

Also look at the Saints being without Payton. They're not 0-3 for no reason.