The Steve Smith can do no wrong talk is a bit much

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

1. remember other leaders on this team felt the need to then call Smitty out.....

2. maybe Smith should of blocked for Williams to get any easy touchdown early in that game......so we could of matched NYG after their opening TD drive. That early play could of altered that game. Instead we got nothing bc Steve half assed that play.....he makes that block all the time and just pulled off early.

Smith is a great WR. Smith has always struggled leading in any manner outside of letting his play speak for himself. He intentionally went through the media....Gross was right in that it was handled wrong.

#2 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

What would you have had Smith say to media when asked about his sideline comments, CRA?

#3 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

"Argh! Cut Smith! Trade for Julius!! He's a real leader!"

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

What would you have had Smith say to media when asked about his sideline comments, CRA?

How about no comment? How about that was between us? How about handling it just like Gross said needs to be....how about just like Smitty was done by Prohel?

No reason for Smith to ramble on about men becoming boys, what he does with his son etc. Like I said, Gross and others took issue with it.....not just something CRA posted. Smith himself is too often child like to get on that soapbox.

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

How about no comment? How about that was between us? How about handling it just like Gross said needs to be....how about just like Smitty was done by Prohel?

No reason for Smith to ramble on about men becoming boys, what he does with his son etc. Like I said, Gross and others took issue with it.....not just something CRA posted. Smith himself is too often child like to get on that soapbox.

Those comments were in his postgame locker room interview, in which Cam wasn't mentioned at all.

#6 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Im gonna get blasted, but Smith is one of the last people on this team to take attitude advice from.

#7 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Those comments were in his postgame locker room interview, in which Cam wasn't mentioned at all.

Those comments were directed toward Cam.....and the comment about his son was DIRECTLY geared towards Cam.

It isn't a take my side or Smith's.....it is do you take Gross' or Smith's. I take Gross'

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I think the whole situation is shitty. I personally don't like Smith yelling at Cam where everyone can hear it. I think his intentions were good though. Just like his intentions were good with the media, he was answering a direct question honestly - something he has always done. He didn't really say anything that was that bad to the media. Just that he wanted Cam to continue to grow and to not let learning experiences go wasted no matter how disgusted you are with your teams performance.

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Im gonna get blasted, but Smith is one of the last people on this team to take attitude advice from.

You shouldn't....

Smitty was the guy pouting, crying, and being a game day distraction most of the 2010 season.....when times got rough. He was a man becoming a boy....which was why that soapbox people cheer he was on was so hypocritical.

No issue with Smith in his ear during the game.....the soapbox bs with the media is where he went wrong.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Those comments were directed toward Cam.....and the comment about his son was DIRECTLY geared towards Cam.

It isn't a take my side or Smith's.....it is do you take Gross' or Smith's. I take Gross'

How do you know? Because you want them to be for your argument, most likely. The reality is that those comments could have been directed at the entirety of our young team. They ALL shut down after we got in a hole. They ALL need to grow up, and I think that's what he was alluding to.

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

How do you know? Because you want them to be for your argument, most likely. The reality is that those comments could have been directed at the entirety of our young team. They ALL shut down after we got in a hole. They ALL need to grow up, and I think that's what he was alluding to.

Um, have you read his full quote in context?

They weren't directed at the entire team....the son comparison was in response to him speaking DIRECTLY about Cam

Read his quotes again....

#12 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

What exactly did Gross say to Steve

#13 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Um, have you read his full quote in context?

They weren't directed at the entire team....the son comparison was in response to him speaking DIRECTLY about Cam

Read his quotes again....

You've got to dust yourself off and keep going," Smith said. "Everybody's name is on it. You can't want to just be a Carolina Panther when it's a sunny day and everything is going great, and then after the game tuck your tail in and run. That's not what it's all about.

"You've got to stand up and take it. That's men becoming boys, or boys becoming men – depending on which would you choose."

http://www.panthers....4c-68652bd579c8

I honestly don't know what "son" comment you're talking about though. Was it during his post game locker room interview and I'm just missing it?

#14 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

bunch of whiny bitches in this thread... the thought of grown men hanging on the words of a SS post-game interview is pretty funny.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,263 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

You've got to dust yourself off and keep going," Smith said. "Everybody's name is on it. You can't want to just be a Carolina Panther when it's a sunny day and everything is going great, and then after the game tuck your tail in and run. That's not what it's all about.

"You've got to stand up and take it. That's men becoming boys, or boys becoming men – depending on which would you choose."

http://www.panthers....4c-68652bd579c8

I honestly don't know what "son" comment you're talking about though. Was it during his post game locker room interview and I'm just missing it?

"I don't want to be passive and not do it because if I don't do it, who will?" Smith said. "The same way with my son; I can't expect somebody else (to do that). So, yeah, I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is."

That is not directed at the team but specifically Cam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com