Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

The Steve Smith can do no wrong talk is a bit much

96 posts in this topic

Um, have you read his full quote in context?

They weren't directed at the entire team....the son comparison was in response to him speaking DIRECTLY about Cam

Read his quotes again....

You've got to dust yourself off and keep going," Smith said. "Everybody's name is on it. You can't want to just be a Carolina Panther when it's a sunny day and everything is going great, and then after the game tuck your tail in and run. That's not what it's all about.

"You've got to stand up and take it. That's men becoming boys, or boys becoming men – depending on which would you choose."

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Steve-Smith-Postgame/42932e1a-0b23-4c95-b14c-68652bd579c8

I honestly don't know what "son" comment you're talking about though. Was it during his post game locker room interview and I'm just missing it?

bunch of whiny bitches in this thread... the thought of grown men hanging on the words of a SS post-game interview is pretty funny.

You've got to dust yourself off and keep going," Smith said. "Everybody's name is on it. You can't want to just be a Carolina Panther when it's a sunny day and everything is going great, and then after the game tuck your tail in and run. That's not what it's all about.

"You've got to stand up and take it. That's men becoming boys, or boys becoming men – depending on which would you choose."

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Steve-Smith-Postgame/42932e1a-0b23-4c95-b14c-68652bd579c8

I honestly don't know what "son" comment you're talking about though. Was it during his post game locker room interview and I'm just missing it?

"I don't want to be passive and not do it because if I don't do it, who will?" Smith said. "The same way with my son; I can't expect somebody else (to do that). So, yeah, I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is."

That is not directed at the team but specifically Cam

I personally don't care.

What exactly did Gross say to Steve

Gross responded to a question about what Smith was on his soapbox

Said if Smith had an issue with Cams's behavior or anyone had a problem that it needed to be dealt with in house and not in the media. That is paraphrasing.

"I don't want to be passive and not do it because if I don't do it, who will?" Smith said. "The same way with my son; I can't expect somebody else (to do that). So, yeah, I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is."

That is not directed at the team but specifically Cam

That wasn't in the same interview. See, you're mixing two interviews together. Which was what I was pointing out earlier.

That interview was the next day after it came to light, via Brett Jensen, that Cam had "lit into" Newton on the sideline.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a HOF player tearing into a young cocky player. Cam needs to lose his pride.

This thread can not be serious.

Sadly it is.

This place has become a complete joke.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a HOF player tearing into a young cocky player. Cam needs to lose his pride.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a football player being prideful. It has no bearing on his leadership or playing ability.

That wasn't in the same interview. See, you're mixing two interviews together. Which was what I was pointing out earlier.

That interview was the next day after it came to light, via Brett Jensen, that Cam had "lit into" Newton on the sideline.

And? So?

Point was what Smith did wrong was getting on the soapbox....the fact he waited a day you seem imply means something. Smith stired that pot for 24 hrs....and gave the media what they wanted.

This thread can not be serious.

Sadly it is.

This place has become a complete joke.

A joke is how fans jump on and off things so quick. How they are so quick to blame a young QB for what is currently happen....when the real issue falls on the poor coaching and the fact the rest of the team isn't doing their jobs.....

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

And? So?

Point was what Smith did wrong was getting on the soapbox....the fact he waited a day you seem imply means something. Smith stired that pot for 24 hrs....and gave the media what they wanted.

No my point was that you can't attribute those other comments to being about Cam because they weren't in response to a question about Cam and he didn't mention Cam in them. They could have very well been about the entire team, and I think, in context, that they were.

The time between the game and his interview about the sideline incident is inconsequential. My only point was that you can ONLY attribute those comments as being directed at Cam because it was those comments that were in response to being asked about him.