Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

The Steve Smith can do no wrong talk is a bit much

96 posts in this topic

Steve Smith did do some wrong. He had a false start that really killed the drive they were in.

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

I really don't think many people, if any, are making that argument. Having issue with Cam's apparent lack of leadership qualities, is not the same as believing that him sulking on the bench is why we lost to the Giants.

I really don't think many people, if any, are making that argument. Having issue with Cam's apparent lack of leadership qualities, is not the same as believing that him sulking on the bench is why we lost to the Giants.

Plenty are...you may not be. So if I lumped you in I apologize.

What team needs a 23 yr old to be their leader and to put the team on his back? A team that lacks leadership and players who do their part.

Steve Smith did do some wrong. He had a false start that really killed the drive they were in.

And prevented us from answering the Giants opening score making it a 7-7 game......bc he didn't make a block he makes almost every week. DeAngelo had an easy TD.....Smith didn't make a fairly easy block.

1 person likes this

Plenty are...you may not be. So if I lumped you in I apologize.

What team needs a 23 yr old to be their leader and to put the team on his back? A team that lacks leadership and players who do their part.

Every team requires their QB to be a leader. Put the team on their back....not so much - but be a leader...yes. Asking Cam to BE the Carolina offense is Chud's doing. And you know what CRA? You were one of the largest proponents of such. You wanted an offense designed around what you think Cam can do. You wanted an offense designed around his ability to run. Well you've got it and it's fuging awful at this point. This offense is pigeonholing Cam into a roll that's not necessary. For fugs sake, let Cam run a real offense. Let his threat with his legs keep the defense honest. What we have right now, with running the option as our base set, is allowing the defense to tee off on his running ability and it's completely neutralizing it as a threat to keep the defense honest.

1 person likes this

Every team requires their QB to be a leader. Put the team on their back....not so much - but be a leader...yes. Asking Cam to BE the Carolina offense is Chud's doing. And you know what CRA? You were one of the largest proponents of such. You wanted an offense designed around what you think Cam can do. You wanted an offense designed around his ability to run. Well you've got it and it's fuging awful at this point. This offense is pigeonholing Cam into a roll that's not necessary. For fugs sake, let Cam run a real offense. Let his threat with his legs keep the defense honest. What we have right now, with running the option as our base set, is allowing the defense to tee off on his running ability and it's completely neutralizing it as a threat to keep the defense honest.

Every team doesn't need a 23 yr old QB to be a major leader.

And yes, since Cam has been in the NFL....this franchise has asked him to put the team on his back.

Yes, I 100% want the offense built around Cam. It is. I have no problem with the read option offense bc it has made Carolina offense force......the only issue is when Stewart is out Chud want temporarily adjust. Chud either needs to adjust when Stewart is hurt running a more pro style offense for a week or Marty needs to find a backup RB that fits Stewart's role more effectively.

Option isn't the issue.....issue is when a player is hurt and the option doesn't impact an opposing D and open up the offense. If Stewart is back.....so will the video game offense against Atl.

A joke is how fans jump on and off things so quick. How they are so quick to blame a young QB for what is currently happen....when the real issue falls on the poor coaching and the fact the rest of the team isn't doing their jobs.....

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

How exactly does this^^^ have anything to do with the op?

I agree with the quoted post but the op is just so far and away awful I don't even know where to start.

Smith is emotional and he uses it to fuel his on field play.

Cam is emotional and let's it effect his on field play.

Big diff.

1 person likes this

1. remember other leaders on this team felt the need to then call Smitty out.....

2. maybe Smith should of blocked for Williams to get any easy touchdown early in that game......so we could of matched NYG after their opening TD drive. That early play could of altered that game. Instead we got nothing bc Steve half assed that play.....he makes that block all the time and just pulled off early.

Smith is a great WR. Smith has always struggled leading in any manner outside of letting his play speak for himself. He intentionally went through the media....Gross was right in that it was handled wrong.

Smitty was wrong because Cam wasn't doing anything wrong. He didn't need to be a MAN because he was sitting right next to grown men who were sulking more than him. As I too have stated before, I believe Steve intentionally threw Cam to the media because he wanted to cover up for his own bad behavior and knew feeding the trolls in our media with Cam news would do the trick. Our media is now driven by ex-players and wannabes who are just as ego driven and jealous of these younger players. Don't kid yourself.

Also, I love those who say Cam should lead by example and be a leader and all this stuff, then turn around and reward the Captain of their team and his bad behavior everytime.

The double-mindedness on this site knows no boundaries.

Every team doesn't need a 23 yr old QB to be a major leader.

And yes, since Cam has been in the NFL....this franchise has asked him to put the team on his back.

Yes, I 100% want the offense built around Cam. It is. I have no problem with the read option offense bc it has made Carolina offense force......the only issue is when Stewart is out Chud want temporarily adjust. Chud either needs to adjust when Stewart is hurt running a more pro style offense for a week or Marty needs to find a backup RB that fits Stewart's role more effectively.

Option isn't the issue.....issue is when a player is hurt and the option doesn't impact an opposing D and open up the offense. If Stewart is back.....so will the video game offense against Atl.

Yeah, I agreed that they did. But no, this offense won't work long term, even with Stewart in there. The fact that we were successful against the Saints while Stewart played is just creating an illusion for you. This offense is allowing teams to drop 10 into the box. We aren't throwing enough out of the option and as such teams are drawing in. Eventually it turns into a cluster fug, no matter how many options you have on the play. Defenses are too big too fast to be optioned to death in the NFL with any kind of consistency. Both the Bucs and Giants just threw an overloaded alignment onto the option side and it completely neutralized it.

I don't have a problem with having the option set's as a part of our offense, but we can't be using it as our base set and running 80% of our plays out of option looks. It's not keeping the defense honest. We should be running pro-sets to set up the option for big plays, not the other way around.

Yeah, I agreed that they did. But no, this offense won't work long term, even with Stewart in there. The fact that we were successful against the Saints while Stewart played is just creating an illusion for you. This offense is allowing teams to drop 10 into the box. We aren't throwing enough out of the option and as such teams are drawing in. Eventually it turns into a cluster fug, no matter how many options you have on the play. Defenses are too big too fast to be optioned to death in the NFL with any kind of consistency. Both the Bucs and Giants just threw an overloaded alignment onto the option side and it completely neutralized it.

I don't have a problem with having the option set's as a part of our offense, but we can't be using it as our base set and running 80% of our plays out of option looks. It's not keeping the defense honest. We should be running pro-sets to set up the option for big plays, not the other way around.

We weren't just successful against the Saints....last season shows Stewart is the key in addition to this one.. Option pressures a D different with Stewart....forces different play from a D.

We weren't just successful against the Saints....last season shows Stewart is the key in addition to this one.. Option pressures a D different with Stewart....forces different play from a D.

Our offense was run differently last year. We didn't run the option as our offensive base set like we are this year.

Having said that -I'm not going to go around in circles with you like you love to do. So I'll just quit with this particular argument now that we've both stated our position. We'll see long term who is correct.