The Steve Smith can do no wrong talk is a bit much

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Every team requires their QB to be a leader. Put the team on their back....not so much - but be a leader...yes. Asking Cam to BE the Carolina offense is Chud's doing. And you know what CRA? You were one of the largest proponents of such. You wanted an offense designed around what you think Cam can do. You wanted an offense designed around his ability to run. Well you've got it and it's fuging awful at this point. This offense is pigeonholing Cam into a roll that's not necessary. For fugs sake, let Cam run a real offense. Let his threat with his legs keep the defense honest. What we have right now, with running the option as our base set, is allowing the defense to tee off on his running ability and it's completely neutralizing it as a threat to keep the defense honest.

Every team doesn't need a 23 yr old QB to be a major leader.

And yes, since Cam has been in the NFL....this franchise has asked him to put the team on his back.

Yes, I 100% want the offense built around Cam. It is. I have no problem with the read option offense bc it has made Carolina offense force......the only issue is when Stewart is out Chud want temporarily adjust. Chud either needs to adjust when Stewart is hurt running a more pro style offense for a week or Marty needs to find a backup RB that fits Stewart's role more effectively.

Option isn't the issue.....issue is when a player is hurt and the option doesn't impact an opposing D and open up the offense. If Stewart is back.....so will the video game offense against Atl.

#32 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

A joke is how fans jump on and off things so quick. How they are so quick to blame a young QB for what is currently happen....when the real issue falls on the poor coaching and the fact the rest of the team isn't doing their jobs.....

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

How exactly does this^^^ have anything to do with the op?

I agree with the quoted post but the op is just so far and away awful I don't even know where to start.

Smith is emotional and he uses it to fuel his on field play.

Cam is emotional and let's it effect his on field play.

Big diff.

#33 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

1. remember other leaders on this team felt the need to then call Smitty out.....

2. maybe Smith should of blocked for Williams to get any easy touchdown early in that game......so we could of matched NYG after their opening TD drive. That early play could of altered that game. Instead we got nothing bc Steve half assed that play.....he makes that block all the time and just pulled off early.

Smith is a great WR. Smith has always struggled leading in any manner outside of letting his play speak for himself. He intentionally went through the media....Gross was right in that it was handled wrong.

Smitty was wrong because Cam wasn't doing anything wrong. He didn't need to be a MAN because he was sitting right next to grown men who were sulking more than him. As I too have stated before, I believe Steve intentionally threw Cam to the media because he wanted to cover up for his own bad behavior and knew feeding the trolls in our media with Cam news would do the trick. Our media is now driven by ex-players and wannabes who are just as ego driven and jealous of these younger players. Don't kid yourself.

Also, I love those who say Cam should lead by example and be a leader and all this stuff, then turn around and reward the Captain of their team and his bad behavior everytime.

The double-mindedness on this site knows no boundaries.

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Every team doesn't need a 23 yr old QB to be a major leader.

And yes, since Cam has been in the NFL....this franchise has asked him to put the team on his back.

Yes, I 100% want the offense built around Cam. It is. I have no problem with the read option offense bc it has made Carolina offense force......the only issue is when Stewart is out Chud want temporarily adjust. Chud either needs to adjust when Stewart is hurt running a more pro style offense for a week or Marty needs to find a backup RB that fits Stewart's role more effectively.

Option isn't the issue.....issue is when a player is hurt and the option doesn't impact an opposing D and open up the offense. If Stewart is back.....so will the video game offense against Atl.

Yeah, I agreed that they did. But no, this offense won't work long term, even with Stewart in there. The fact that we were successful against the Saints while Stewart played is just creating an illusion for you. This offense is allowing teams to drop 10 into the box. We aren't throwing enough out of the option and as such teams are drawing in. Eventually it turns into a cluster fug, no matter how many options you have on the play. Defenses are too big too fast to be optioned to death in the NFL with any kind of consistency. Both the Bucs and Giants just threw an overloaded alignment onto the option side and it completely neutralized it.

I don't have a problem with having the option set's as a part of our offense, but we can't be using it as our base set and running 80% of our plays out of option looks. It's not keeping the defense honest. We should be running pro-sets to set up the option for big plays, not the other way around.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, I agreed that they did. But no, this offense won't work long term, even with Stewart in there. The fact that we were successful against the Saints while Stewart played is just creating an illusion for you. This offense is allowing teams to drop 10 into the box. We aren't throwing enough out of the option and as such teams are drawing in. Eventually it turns into a cluster fug, no matter how many options you have on the play. Defenses are too big too fast to be optioned to death in the NFL with any kind of consistency. Both the Bucs and Giants just threw an overloaded alignment onto the option side and it completely neutralized it.

I don't have a problem with having the option set's as a part of our offense, but we can't be using it as our base set and running 80% of our plays out of option looks. It's not keeping the defense honest. We should be running pro-sets to set up the option for big plays, not the other way around.

We weren't just successful against the Saints....last season shows Stewart is the key in addition to this one.. Option pressures a D different with Stewart....forces different play from a D.

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

We weren't just successful against the Saints....last season shows Stewart is the key in addition to this one.. Option pressures a D different with Stewart....forces different play from a D.

Our offense was run differently last year. We didn't run the option as our offensive base set like we are this year.
Having said that -I'm not going to go around in circles with you like you love to do. So I'll just quit with this particular argument now that we've both stated our position. We'll see long term who is correct.

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

double post.

#38 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,676 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Emotions run high and tempers flare on the sideline, it happens when you're getting your ass kicked.

I don't think Steve should have involved the media in that situation though. No positives from that.

#39 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Definitely should have remained in-house. He put even more strain on Cam by doing that.

#40 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Part of me strongly believe that the reason why Luck didn't want to be part of this team was he was made aware of what he had to deal with. As we all have come to realize, Luck is a very well connected with both the media and those inside of the NFL, QB. QBs like him get preferrential treatment. While other QBs pay the price for him being treated with kid gloves by both the media and organization.

There was no way in heck his father was going to let him be part of a team that has the mentality of the Panthers and is controlled by a receiver with anger issues. There was no way he was going to have his son carrying a team and being blamed for the laziness of the other players. There was no way he was going to have the image of his son torn apart and maligned by fans who seem quite okay with the attitude of their team. I'm sure he was already told before he got to the Colts that he would have a team built around him. Any drama loving receiver would be gone before he got there.

After the way Steve treated Jimmy, which was made quite public when Luck was first expected to leave college, and now Cam, and knowing what I now know about Luck, there was no way in hell he would have chosen this team with all of it's issues.

I seriously feel sorry for Cam. He will never get the true nuturing he needs to be the best QB possible playing on a team like this unless this team turn it's attitude around.

And to think you folks see this team in the elite status. Wake up...This team has the potential but it's going to take a whole lot more self-control and maturity.

Take a close look at teams who have won multiple SBs.

#41 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

There was no way in heck his father was going to let him be part of a team that has the mentality of the Panthers and is controlled by a receiver with anger issues. There was no way he was going to have his son carrying a team and being blamed for the laziness of the other players. There was no way he was going to have the image of his son torn apart and maligned by fans who seem quite okay with the attitude of their team. I'm sure he was already told before he got to the Colts that he would have a team built around him. Any drama loving receiver would be gone before he got there.

After the way Steve treated Jimmy, which was made quite public when Luck was first expected to leave college, and now Cam, and knowing what I now know about Luck, there was no way in hell he would have chosen this team with all of it's issues.

Hey genius, Smith was gone from this team before Cam got here. It was Cam's influence that kept Smith here. Had Cam not reached out to Smith and talked him into staying, there would be no Smith on the Panthers. Cam didn't get "stuck" with Smith, Cam wanted Smith around and it's because of his own influence that Smith is here. Get a fuging clue.

#42 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Had Cam not wanted Smith as an influence or a receiver, he pretty much could have made that happen. Smith controls this organization just about as much as Jimmy Clausen does.

#43 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hey genius, Smith was gone from this team before Cam got here. It was Cam's influence that kept Smith here. Had Cam not reached out to Smith and talked him into staying, there would be no Smith on the Panthers. Cam didn't get "stuck" with Smith, Cam wanted Smith around and it's because of his own influence that Smith is here. Get a fuging clue.

Smith has credited Rivera keeping him here, not Cam.

#44 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Smith has credited Rivera keeping him here, not Cam.

He's credited both of them. He's said that his conversations with Cam were a major reason why he stuck around.

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Definitely should have remained in-house. He put even more strain on Cam by doing that.

I applaud him for doing that. He did the same to Jimmy. Why does he have to be different towards Cam? Just because it's Cam? Forget that.

Smith is known for these type of things, why are people even bothered by it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com