• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ummmm, here's a novel idea...how about a coach?

Guarantee, the coach would not have been screaming his head off.

#62 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yes, but Cam didn't help this game at all with 3 INT's and his sulking on the sideline instead of learning from this.

Jimmy was Jimmy, it didn't matter what you told him. He was dead upon arrival not because of smith but because of the situation he was thrown into. It depends on the person, Jimmy obviously didn't get fired up at all. It's time to see how Cam takes this and how he reacts next week.

The point was, Smith always does this. And he has taken responsibility for his actions as well. There's nothing wrong with calling Cam out. Everyone should be subject to criticism.

The whole team had an off night.

I love Steve, but he should have taken another approach. I think Cam will be fine.

I'm more concerned with our coaches moving forward, mainly Rivera.

#63 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

1. remember other leaders on this team felt the need to then call Smitty out.....

2. maybe Smith should of blocked for Williams to get any easy touchdown early in that game......so we could of matched NYG after their opening TD drive. That early play could of altered that game. Instead we got nothing bc Steve half assed that play.....he makes that block all the time and just pulled off early.

Smith is a great WR. Smith has always struggled leading in any manner outside of letting his play speak for himself. He intentionally went through the media....Gross was right in that it was handled wrong.

You could bicker yourself to death.

#64 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

The reason why Smith had to get in Cam's face, was because no one was getting in his face. This is really an indictment on the coaching staff, and really proves my point they are babying Cam. It also says to me that Cam is not putting in the work to learn his craft. When Shula came over on the bench to talk to him about plays, Cam was looking in the other direction, chewing gum.

Should Smitty gotten in Cam's face (by the way, who knows what this conversation looked like), I don't know. I do understand if this coaching staff is babying Newton, why Steve wanted to get on him.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Smith is a great WR and by far the best WR on the team. He's been in the league for years which makes him one of, if not the most experienced offensive players on the team. He's been through a lot, good and bad. He's been fiesty his entire career. He was told he would only be good as a special teams player and he's worked to turn himself into an elite WR. He has his bumps and bruises, no doubt, but he is a team captain and what he did is a part of his responsibility. My question to you is; What WR on the team would you have to come forward and give Cam advice?

But no one has issues with Smith addressing Cam on the field.

Only issue was one of the most immature players in franchise history getting on his soapbox and talking to the media about Cam's immaturity.....

#66 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

The reason why Smith had to get in Cam's face, was because no one was getting in his face. This is really an indictment on the coaching staff, and really proves my point they are babying Cam. It also says to me that Cam is not putting in the work to learn his craft. When Shula came over on the bench to talk to him about plays, Cam was looking in the other direction, chewing gum.

Should Smitty gotten in Cam's face (by the way, who knows what this conversation looked like), I don't know. I do understand if this coaching staff is babying Newton, why Steve wanted to get on him.

I think a big reason no one is in his face....is bc no one else in the Newton era has pulled their own weight as much as Cam.

#67 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

the cra just trolling and making threads that are stupid is getting old too. god i at least hope TRD is still not lurking around here too.

#68 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

the cra just trolling and making threads that are stupid is getting old too. god i at least hope TRD is still not lurking around here too.

Then Jordan Gross is stupid. You got trolled by Gross.....bc all this thread is about is agreeing with him and getting tired of Smith nut huggers that make him into something he isn't.

You don't have to agree with me. I am cool with those who disagree....but I can put big boy words together that support my opinions.

Nothing stupid about saying our players shouldn't try to fix things through the use of the media.

#69 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ummmm, here's a novel idea...how about a coach?

Here's a few novel ideas... 1) The coaches coach
2) The appointed team Captains share their experience and maturity with the players that appointed them.
3) Coaches allow young players to accecpt the advice the advice of veterns in order to get a feel for each other on the field.

#70 Daville220

Daville220

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Steve smith is a great leader he cant do it by himself the whole team needs the same intensity as steve hell the only thing cam does is go sit on the sideline with a towl on his head

#71 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

But no one has issues with Smith addressing Cam on the field.

Only issue was one of the most immature players in franchise history getting on his soapbox and talking to the media about Cam's immaturity.....

Smitty is one of the most immature players in history.. You're an idiot if you really believe that!

#72 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Smitty is one of the most immature players in history.. You're an idiot if you really believe that!

No, it is pretty true.

#73 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Smitty is a beast of a WR

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge his career has been plagued with maturity and anger management issues is only fooling themselves.

He looked real mature in 2010....real mature in 2008....real mature throughout his career.

I know.....but but but name something immature he did in 2011 CRA. See, you are wrong...that is one season in a long career where he managed not to be an asshat.

Smitty is a great leader in terms of leading by example of work ethic and play. That doesn't make him an all around leader....not one that can touch maturity issues.

....and that was franchise history I said, I notice when you repeated it you left of the franchise part.

#74 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

No, it is pretty true.

What's true about it? Smith has gotten into altercations with two of his own players. Smith is a vocal player and the best at his position on the team as well as one of the best in the NFL spite being 5'9".
The NFL has players that has been accused of murder, domestic violence, drug use, drug trafficing, rape, theft, suicide watch, etc.
  • Steve Smith has never been in trouble off the field.
  • been married to the same woman without divorce.
  • don't have different baby mommas.
  • is not paying multiple child support because of immature decision.
I could go on but why....

#75 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Smitty is a beast of a WR

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge his career has been plagued with maturity and anger management issues is only fooling themselves.

He looked real mature in 2010....real mature in 2008....real mature throughout his career.

I know.....but but but name something immature he did in 2011 CRA. See, you are wrong...that is one season in a long career where he managed not to be an asshat.

Smitty is a great leader in terms of leading by example of work ethic and play. That doesn't make him an all around leader....not one that can touch maturity issues.

....and that was franchise history I said, I notice when you repeated it you left of the franchise part.

We obviously have different definitions of immaturity. I deem immaturity as players that get arrested for drunk driving, drugs etc. But yes, you are correct I did leave out franchise, I guess I stopped reading before I got there. It baffles me how people that calls themselves fans of the Carolina Panthers put down and wrongly criticize our best players...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com