Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those of you who think lack of talent is a problem

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Every team has talent. Nobody is literally saying we do not have any talented players. We are just saying we have less than most teams. That doesn't get the coaches off the hook- they are doing a terrible job with what they have. When you have a legitimately good QB there is no excuse for not fielding a competitive team.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To be honest I don't know for sure what is wrong with this team. I want to say it's the scheme but do I really know for sure? No.

Posted · Report post

We have talent. But not enough. Plain and simple.

Posted · Report post

We have talent. But not enough. Plain and simple.

edit: sorry for the double post.

Posted · Report post

We have a soft team. And our talent isnt as deep as other teams. Just calling it like I see. We need 2 more solid drafts and some FAs (which won't happen) in order to recover from the past 2-3 drafts where most of those players have been cut or don't contribute

Posted · Report post

You should look at their defensive depth chart. They are pretty well stocked with high draft picks and a few select FA acquisitions over the years.

Posted · Report post

Can someone tl;dr op?

Will give pie.

Posted · Report post

We do have talent...not elite talent...but we should be better...has to be coaching right?

Posted · Report post

We have a lack of talent at key positions...and very little depth

Posted · Report post

We have talent in several positions but lack talent/depth in others. As a team we could have been better constructed.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rubi' timestamp='1348446109' post='1917115']
We have a soft team. And our talent isnt as deep as other teams. Just calling it like I see. We need 2 more solid drafts and some FAs (which won't happen) in order to recover from the past 2-3 drafts where most of those players have been cut or don't contribute
[/quote]

Hurney.... Build through the draft.....lol

Posted · Report post

The problem is that the talent we have is overpaid and all concentrated in the same area, which forces us to have starters on this team that probably wouldn't be on the two-deep for elite teams. Captain Munnerlyn, Josh Norman, Haruki Nakamura, probably Godfrey would be ST players on other teams. Then for the talent that we do have we way overpaid for it. Wpaid a DE 72 million bucks just so that we would have a starting DE. That is as much as Jared Allen is making...Jared freaking Allen. That is as much as Demarcus Ware is making....Those are guys who put up 15-17 sacks a season and completely dominate the LOS every play. Charles Johnson wouldn't be the best DL on half the teams in the league...yet we paid him 72 million bucks.

I could go on about Deangelo but I'm not because the argument has been beaten into the ground.