Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why don't we ever bring in defensive linemen as blockers?

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've noticed over the past couple weeks that the usage of defensive linemen as fullbacks has increased significantly.

How about instead of doing some fancy shmancy option play on 3rd and 1, we bring in Dwan or Ron Edwards in the I-formation with Stewart as the back, and pound that shi[i]t [/i]in.

And while I still have your attention, did you see that lateral on the Titan's punt return? We need to do some stuff like that to give our special teams a spark.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I rather just use a TE and we dont need anymore gadgets then we got already. Those plays rarely work.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Snake' timestamp='1348426968' post='1916585']
I rather just use a TE and we dont need anymore gadgets then we got already. Those plays rarely work.
[/quote]

Hartsock is our only legit blocking TE. Olsen is good too, don't get me wrong, but on a 3rd/4th and 1 situation I think I would rather have another big body that can push the pile and create a hole.

I'm watching the niners run it with Sopoaga and it has been very effective.

Posted · Report post

Our Dline can barely play consistent DEF, let alone having the coaching staff give them REPS playing offense..... They need all the reps just focusing on getting better playing DEF.....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bullethead527' timestamp='1348427318' post='1916605']
Our Dline can barely play consistent DEF, let alone having the coaching staff give them REPS playing offense..... They need all the reps just focusing on getting better playing DEF.....
[/quote]

Hey, Dwan Edwards has easily been our most consistent and best defensive player this season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1348427398' post='1916607']

Hey, Dwan Edwards has easily been our most consistent and best defensive player this season.
[/quote]

If that is the case, then having a Buffalo reject player being the best DEF player on our team, really makes the rest of the DEF guys look like poo..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bullethead527' timestamp='1348427667' post='1916620']

If that is the case, then having a Buffalo reject player being the best DEF player on our team, really makes the rest of the DEF guys look like poo..
[/quote]

Kinda embarrassing, isn't it?

Posted · Report post

Chris Gamble did a lateral once.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='FirstRoundPick' timestamp='1348428065' post='1916635']
Chris Gamble did a lateral once.
[/quote]

Ssssshhhhhh....

Posted · Report post

Its always fun seeing something unusual like that happen, especially if it works. But to be honest the good teams are good at playing pure football without gadgets.

Posted · Report post

Because its a gimmick

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1348437439' post='1916892']
Its always fun seeing something unusual like that happen, especially if it works. But to be honest the good teams are good at playing pure football without gadgets.
[/quote]

So 85' Bears weren't a good team when they would use the Fridge Perry?

Or what about Vrabel for the Pats in their heyday.