Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Sam Bradford today

31 posts in this topic

You're probably going to win.

Probably, but who knows, Welker could go off. You're just having the worst luck with this Culter/Manning rotation. Whichever one you think to start next week, you should start the opposite.

Rams should have taken RG3 and traded Bradford. What the heck were they thinking

Time will tell. This is the NFL. Three weeks of Griffin looking okay (he is 1-2, mind you) doesn't tell us enough to really deduct reasoning one way or another.

I will go on record as saying I think that Griffin is a punk in hiding. A cancer type. Hard to know after three weeks. And I really like the way Bradford takes his licks and keeps his mouth shut. Never throws a head coach or teammate under the bus, and he takes a beating year after year. Bradford's make-up is '10'.

Time will tell.

remember Alex Smith in his first few years? Who's to say when to give up anymore

1 person likes this

remember Alex Smith in his first few years? Who's to say when to give up anymore

Right though?

If you think back long enough, we have watched the landscape of the NFL change on it's axis in regards to QB play.

Guys drafted in the first round used to get years to develop. Now? Two years. Maybe three tops. I attribute this hyper active to twitter, the media, and everything being now, now now. Dollars have infused the game with fickle fans who have changed. I could write a damn thesis on it. But basically since the 2000s if guys don't win a super bowl before age 27 they suck.

You know who I thought could play whose fan base ran him out of town? Jason Campbell. The guy was not the problem in Washington. It was everything else, but not him. He wasn't perfect, but definitely could have won there with better players around him. They kind of just made a move to make a move. I don't know. I have a lot of respect for organizations who will stick with a guy. Organizations that jump around and are flighty on their QB and coach are like the Browns. They're stuck in purgatory forever.

Bradford is laughing all the way to the bank though. Pre rookie wage scale money baby.

And I don't have a reason why Bradford doesn't really put it all together. He just doesn't. Seems like this lack of weapons thing has kind of snowballed. I loved him as a rookie. Last year, awful. Absolutely awful. This year, really no one to throw to and seems a little bit gun shy at times but still has one of the best arms in the game.

I just feel like St. Louis has made some bad mistakes by not getting a true #1 WR and TE weapons for him. Fisher will have that defense turned around in a year's time.

Well it's not exactly a big secret any QB needs weapons along with a competent staff and continuity.

Smith is still the weakest link in SF

Smith is still the weakest link in SF

But he is pretty good overall..... I mean he really is decent. It's crazy but do you realize back before Eli Manning won the Super Bowl in 2007 Giants fans were saying the same thing about him? I mean it's just crazy.

Cam will be a player as long as he matures. He better realize that the thing that separates Brady, Brees, the Mannings etc...is that they don't let difficult circumstances affect their play OR their ability to lead. He has already compromised his ability to lead last year. He's not going to have a whole lot of clout with the vets (like Smith and Gross) if he doesn't mature.

Hopefully for his career's sake and our franchise's sake he wakes up and stops acting like Vince Young and more like Tom Brady (the guy he said he looks up to).

This is the first time he has been on national TV so maybe the negative press will force him to wake up.

alex smith is the brad johnson of the 49ers