Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Against the Falcons... run, run, run some more....

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Thomas Davis, assuming he's healthy, is an excellent blitzer.

He is our "best" blitzer, but certainly not excellent, IMO.

11 career sacks since 2005, and yes I know that he has not been healthy.

I just don't think that we have a good blitzer on our Defense.

Posted

Who did you plan to use as the blitzer?

We don't have a great one on our entire roster.

Luke Kuechly is

Posted

Luke Kuechly is

Is this a joke?

Posted

I was told that he was even though he didn't blitz in college because he wasn't asked to

Posted

Who did you plan to use as the blitzer?

We don't have a great one on our entire roster.

We weren't just using our front 4 when we managed to slow Brees down and get some pressure.

We do lack a true great blitzer....but the D gameplan Thur was to sit back and let NY punch us in the mouth. That isn't a game plan. Carolina needs to attack....sure they will get beat doing it but they get beat not attacking....at least attacking increase the odds for generating a turnover

Posted

I was told that he was even though he didn't blitz in college because he wasn't asked to

Hahahahaha. I was hoping that was the answer.

Good stuff.

Davis is good but not great, and other than him it's slim pickins' on the blitz front.

Posted

We weren't just using our front 4 when we managed to slow Brees down and get some pressure.

We do lack a true great blitzer....but the D gameplan Thur was to sit back and let NY punch us in the mouth. That isn't a game plan. Carolina needs to attack....sure they will get beat doing it but they get beat not attacking....at least attacking increase the odds for generating a turnover

Oh god, don't get me wrong. I want to blitz, however I think that our secondary can't handle the pressure when you have White, Jones, and Gonzo and a QB that is smart enough to recognize blitzes.

I have always thought that Ryan was a bit overrated but he has progressed every year, and now is one of the better QB's in the league. They also got him some help.

Posted

Agree. We did blitz quite a bit against the Saints, especially in the second half. Blitzing is risky, but it allows the defense to be more opportunistic. We forced some nice turnovers and bad plays by the Saints as a result of the blitzes we ran. We can drop all 11 into coverage and still get burnt...so why not blitz like crazy and see what happens. It cannot be any worse than what is already happening when we play soft.

Posted

He is our "best" blitzer, but certainly not excellent, IMO.

11 career sacks since 2005, and yes I know that he has not been healthy.

I just don't think that we have a good blitzer on our Defense.

Jets-held-without-TD-again-in-loss-to-Panthers-TL259F0C-x-large.jpg

Posted

Not gonna argue with you, but the best sack total of his career is 3.5 in a season that he played 16 games.

He is good, but is nothing like Von Miller who blitzes out of the 43 that we ran here at Carolina.

Posted

This game gives me the creeps. Nolan's schemes are unreal against the pass, you might see 9 guys at the line of scrimmage, 7 of which are standing up, and that can turn into a blitz/man, or a 3 man rush/zone...and the ish works. It's no secret we've been gashed in the run game, and I consider Carolina to be the best run team in the league(if you guys would quit that Urban Myer ish).

My confidence level goes way up if we jump quick, go full blown aerial assault, and force you guys to throw to keep up...it goes way down if it turns into a grind it out, brute force type of game.

Posted

Not gonna argue with you, but the best sack total of his career is 3.5 in a season that he played 16 games.

He is good, but is nothing like Von Miller who blitzes out of the 43 that we ran here at Carolina.

Why not... let's argue.

;)

In all seriousness... I don't think Davis is a blitzer on par with Miller or Ed Reed or Clay Matthews, but he's not bad either... Our D has never really been a big blitzing D anyway.