Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Against the Falcons... run, run, run some more....

70 posts in this topic

I get what you're saying... I guess what I was really thinking was that he's an excellent blitzer ON OUR TEAM... wasn't really thinking of comparing him to others as we mentioned...

But again, I think that may be partly our system too, because we just don't blitz that much.

No doubt he is great compared to the others.

I just wonder if it's a scheme thing or a talent thing.

Old Foxy sure doesn't mind sending Miller in there now.

Bolded is the part I was talking about.

We don't have an "excellent" pass rusher on the team honestly.

It's something that Hurney must not see the value in.

Peppers and Johnson (kinda) are the only players that we have had in the last 5 years that can apply pressure, and Charles isn't doing that any more.

Davis is a very effective blitzer - but you're right about us not having a very good pass rusher though. We need the ends to step up and they haven't so far.

If the guys in the 2ndary can't cover man to man for 2-3 seconds, they shouldn't be here.

Get in their face and bump 'em hard at the LOS - bring the house in the QB's face.

Learn to take a snap from under center - a play action pass is more effective when the "fake" occurs 2 yds deep as opposed to 5 yds deep. If the offensive formation dictates that a handoff (fake or real) will occur 5 yds deep - then it makes no difference to the DL - they know where to go from the snap>>>5 yds deep for either a handoff or sack.

why is it zod is about the only person here with sensible posts? well thought out and good analysis.

can't try to be cute against them. just smash them in the mouth. come out with a completely different offensive gameplan and shock them with stuff they haven't seen. Just out tough them

Will chuds ego get in the way of going with what works until the falcons stop it? I hope so. He outmarts hs own self.

I don't care how much you run the ball, until the D can stop someone, the Panthers are going to lose a lot of games. I'm thinking the Saints game was a fluke because they might be the only team with a worse coaching staff than the Panthers right now. They are reeling without Sean Payton. I wonder if McDermott even comes up with a game plan week-to-week. He got fired for this poo in Philly and he's doing it again in Carolina. Hate to say it, makes you long for a John Fox defense....

We'll probably run read option over and over and over again. Sarcasm of course...

Plays Defense and we may be able to stay in the game. If not, this game will be over by halftime. Don't expect a shoot out.

The premise of this article is spot on...that has been said. What it really comes down to is COMMITMENT plain and simple.

RR and Chud/ McDerm have put a crappy looking product out there so far mainly because they didn't establish a true game plan designed to meet the challenge of the opponent. Instead, they relied on a generic scheme that was clearly anticipated and exploited by opponents. The reason we beat the Saints is because we got what we expected from them. We didn't know what to expect from Tampa and the Giants adjusted and flat out beat our scheme.

We know what Atlanta wants to do. I want to see us have a very specific game plan designed to counteract what they do. This would certainly include running at the middle of their defense and coaching Cam to take those 7-8 yard runs that will be there on 1st and 2nd down.

Ultimately we need to go ahead and try to rattle Ryan and we might have to take some major risks to do so.

Bottom line...we don't take those risks we are gonna see another performance like Eli.

God hope J Stew is active for this game!